Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New suggestion for maps or features for Treasure Madness (part2)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently posted some suggestions to the fanpage and was encouraged to post them here per the developers or some other authority figure! I offered perhaps new mini-games, some other schedule of happenings besides what we have now, or really anything to liven things up. Since I've already done this once without response, I'm kind of bummed but hopefully someone will read and respond with some plans in the works! Thanks to you who are supportive!
    Looking for the elusive items like everyone else-I have some rarity 20s that you may already have but may need for teammates!

Comment

• Originally posted by MeGrace View Post
      I recently posted some suggestions to the fanpage and was encouraged to post them here per the developers or some other authority figure! I offered perhaps new mini-games, some other schedule of happenings besides what we have now, or really anything to liven things up. Since I've already done this once without response, I'm kind of bummed but hopefully someone will read and respond with some plans in the works! Thanks to you who are supportive!

Trust me Grace - they are always reading the boards - you may not seem them around but the developers are around. I can tell you this much - they probably will not be doing a new mini-game - reason being is they don't like introducing new things into the game like that - it could potentially cause issues - like the one game does -- maya gems - you know the phantom game out there that goes on an on at times ......... even though they deactivated the game that you can play while you let the hp build up - it still pops into the code now and then - not often but enough to annoy some players into thinking they are going mad and then realize they are playing the phantom game again ........ lol

as for responding what they have in the works -- tsk tsk tsk -- they never do that ............. if they did then anything they did just wouldn't be a surprise ..................

Comment

• While quite a few of us would love new mini-games, it's not going to happen. The reason for this is it can't be done without breaking the game Many suggestions may be rejected for the same reason.

The release schedule for the maps works on 4 week cycle, each week with different times for the next map. The only maps that don't have different times each week are the initial release, Pop Culture and VIP map. Players did ask for a set time for the initial release so that they didn't have to wait and wonder how much longer until the first map of the week was going to be available. The other maps are all released at 28 hour intervals to give as many people as possible the opportunity to go for at least one limited mission, rather than them all being out at the same time each day and giving some players a better chance than others due to the different time zones we all live in. The release schedule is changing slightly at the end of the month due to DST changes in France, details in regards to that are here: http://forum.ooblada.com/showthread.php?t=829941

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
        Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
        Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

• It would really be helpful if the map selection screens would show which collections were available on each map. Perhaps a hover-over feature, where mousing over a map on the list would pop up a list of collections for that map.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apelog View Post
            It would really be helpful if the map selection screens would show which collections were available on each map. Perhaps a hover-over feature, where mousing over a map on the list would pop up a list of collections for that map.
            One of the problems with that suggestion is that not all the maps are collection specific, that only started a couple of years ago. There are two ways of finding out what collections are on the maps. For the current week's maps, check the relevant News Thread it is in the very first post. For Archived and older story maps, check the Matching Collections and Maps thread. If a series isn't listed in that thread, then the maps aren't collection specific and you can find any of the collections from the series on any of the maps.

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
            Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
            Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

• For awhile I've been wondering if there isn't another way for regular players to gain treasures if they don't want to frequent the gifting or trading lounges (I've found them confusing at best). Right now, in a collection, I have 9 level 11 treasures, 5 level 9 treasures, 5 level 6 treasures, and 6 level 3 treasures, but none of the 15 level thing I need for an objective. All of these have come from gameplay--none of them have been gifted to me. I know that randomization is a large part of the game, but I think it would be great if we could have a way to trade in treasures for higher level items--that way it would feel like we were actually getting somewhere replaying and replaying maps in hope of accidentally finding the treasure we need, especially on time-limited maps! My husband and I have slowly lost all of our friends on the game, so we both face this situation. Reading through this forum, I expect the answer is that nothing can be done to change the game because the whole thing will come crashing down (which seems to be a lot of the response), but I thought I would make the suggestion again. I would even expect that any trade-in could incorporate an inconvenient amount of gold so as to make it something that you could only use occasionally (and then if you had a high number of the right level items in some sort of formula).

Comment

• cynkep - there are treasure chests for each collection - these treasure chests are available starting on Friday and last until the release of the new maps on Tuesday morning for Gold actually - there are actually groups that many join and help out there - however remember any trades done outside of the forum we cannot help you with if they go south and you don't get the item - you would have to ask the admins of the group to help you out there there is putting items on your wish list so that those playing teammates of yours can help you out --

Comment

• I have a couple of suggestions to improve gameplay, but not sure if this is the right forum to post in. So here goes...

Maps in redo mode - add a way to cancel finishing digging these maps so that they can be removed from the currently digging maps. Eg, if you go back to redig a map for a specific treasure, dig a few squares and find that treasure, the map you started redigging is left in your 'current maps'. Add a cancel button so it can be put back to archived.

I will just leave it with this suggestion for now to see if this is the right place and what response is given.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by ORyan Smith View Post
                    I have a couple of suggestions to improve gameplay, but not sure if this is the right forum to post in. So here goes...

Maps in redo mode - add a way to cancel finishing digging these maps so that they can be removed from the currently digging maps. Eg, if you go back to redig a map for a specific treasure, dig a few squares and find that treasure, the map you started redigging is left in your 'current maps'. Add a cancel button so it can be put back to archived.

I will just leave it with this suggestion for now to see if this is the right place and what response is given.

Thanks
                    Most games I see that allow you to skip something like this -require you to spend in game currency to finish them - is that what you really want Ryan? Personally I would rather finish digging the map to see if I could help out a teammate with items that I may find along the way

Comment

• Originally posted by BarbE View Post
                      Most games I see that allow you to skip something like this -require you to spend in game currency to finish them - is that what you really want Ryan? Personally I would rather finish digging the map to see if I could help out a teammate with items that I may find along the way
                      I am talking about having an option to abandon digging a map that is in redo mode. Let's face it, if you manage to find the 1 treasure you are re-digging a map for, chances are that any other treasures you find on this map are not going to be of use to anyone else, because they are most likely looking for the same treasure that you are looking for.
                      Case in point - Finland series, Domestic and wild fauna of Finland, Saimaa ringed seal (r18)... I dug the maps this appeared on 2x each and still didn't find the seal. I know that a lot of my teammates are also without this treasure. And to top all this off, I've spent 2.5mil gold on treasure crates & 16 MU$ trying to find this but to no avail...
                      Personally I think that the devs are getting a lot stingier than they used to be...

Comment

• Originally posted by ORyan Smith View Post
                        I am talking about having an option to abandon digging a map that is in redo mode. Let's face it, if you manage to find the 1 treasure you are re-digging a map for, chances are that any other treasures you find on this map are not going to be of use to anyone else, because they are most likely looking for the same treasure that you are looking for.
                        Case in point - Finland series, Domestic and wild fauna of Finland, Saimaa ringed seal (r18)... I dug the maps this appeared on 2x each and still didn't find the seal. I know that a lot of my teammates are also without this treasure. And to top all this off, I've spent 2.5mil gold on treasure crates & 16 MU$ trying to find this but to no avail...
                        Personally I think that the devs are getting a lot stingier than they used to be...
                        and actually I am talking about the same thing - Lots of games that do things like that - Make you spend IN GAME CURRENCY to close out something you don't wish to do it's the way of the gaming world on facebook

and personally I dig the maps 2 or 3 times each - especially if I am doing the mission if I am not doing the missions - I dig the maps once then wait until I am done digging them all before I see what I need to redig

Comment

• Have you ever considered putting a counter on your backpack for the amount of HP you have in there at a given time? This way when we open our backs we don't have to get out a calculator to budget what we can eat. Also maybe a long click to eat all of a given food similar to the long click to flag mines in the mini.

Comment

Working...
                          X