• Show
Clear All

• Fruity Maps: what will change?

There will be 3 kinds of changes:
    Rise of the HP given by some unbalanced maps
    Reduction of the HP given by some unbalanced maps
    Suppression of the maps giving very low HP

Another option is still at study:
    Create a new range of Fruity maps costing more Mu$ (15/20 Mu$ for example) and giving many HP (1000 HP for example)

The first step will be ready Tuesday October 10, and will consist by the deletion of the following maps:
    A Pirate's End
    The Little Girl and her Doll
    Vieux Pont
    The Valentin Waterfall
    Grand Opening of Gamomania
    Quiet Crossroads
    White Orchard's Ruins

We don't know yet when the other steps will be ready but we can already telling you which maps will be concerned:

The Milky Way's Got Talent
    Laralia Caves
    Chocolate Spiral
    The Agoraphobic Dragon
    Bay of Big Eggs
    Candy Jar Isle
    Winter Ice Cream Parlour
    Wild Strawberry Pie Bay
    Two Obelisk Temple
    TM's Pets Are Ready For NYE
    Happy tribunes of the Penguin Sports 2016
    The Pink Gardens
    The Lost Lovers
    The Marble Garden
    The Crane's Village
    The Happy Folks Tavern
    Latecomer's Christmas Shopping
    Evernight Woods
    Getting Ready For The Wedding
    Books! Books everywhere!

Keep in mind the other option on the table (maps costing more Mu$ and giving more HP), and if you have feedback to give please make them here.

Or contact Tatanka or Ross:
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012823992026
    https://www.facebook.com/ross.savage.79

Update!

Next step will occur November 14, we will decrease the HP given by the following maps:
    Chocolate Spiral
    The Agoraphobic Dragon
    Bay of Big Eggs
    Candy Jar Isle

Then, November 28, we will decrease the HP given by the following ones:
    Laralia Caves
    Winter Ice Cream Parlour
    Wild Strawberry Pie Bay

Don't worry The Milky Way's Got Talent will still be more generous than a classic Fruity.

Also we will introduce regularly special Fruity maps. They will look like normal Fruity maps, will be displayed among the normal Fruity, will cost the same price, but will give much more HP. The drawback is that these maps won't last forever, so you have to find them before they disappear.
    So from time to time we will add one of these special Fruity maps which will last a few weeks and disappear. Then after a little time another one will appear, and so on.

You will find better Health Kits (requestable Health Kit + 50 HP) and more generous Vip maps.

Other surprises will await you, so stay tuned!
    Join a friendly and fun Community of Gamers

Neolympia Heroes | Riddle Stones

So, in future we are having to dig 15/20 maps to accrue the mu needed to purchase a fruit map giving 1000hp? I might have dig till my backpack is empty and wave bye bye.

Happy Hunting

Comment

The amount of fruit that a map gives should be reflected in the price of the map. I usually only buy the fruity maps when they are on sale at half price. If I really need hp then I buy the Milky Way map because of its low price and high hp fruit. I think that the Milky Way map should NOT be touched and just make the others more balanced. This way players can get the hp needed to finish a mission. I will not buy a really expensive map and I don't think that many other players will either, in my opinion.

Comment

What does it mean that a map will be deleted? Or, more specifically: if I purchased one of the maps that is to be deleted and have not dug it yet, will it just disappear and I will have lost the MUs that I spent for buying it? Or will it just not be possible to redig / buy again but I will be able to finish digging the one I had already purchased? I just bought the Pirate's End recently and have not yet had a chance to dig it, so I am trying to figure out if I have to rush this this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by Verunkam View Post
          What does it mean that a map will be deleted? Or, more specifically: if I purchased one of the maps that is to be deleted and have not dug it yet, will it just disappear and I will have lost the MUs that I spent for buying it? Or will it just not be possible to redig / buy again but I will be able to finish digging the one I had already purchased? I just bought the Pirate's End recently and have not yet had a chance to dig it, so I am trying to figure out if I have to rush this this weekend...
          When a map is deleted - it is pulled from the lists of maps - meaning you will no longer be able to purchase it or dig it -- Ross or Tatanka will have to answer you on what happens if you have started to dig the map and haven't finished by the time this goes into effect. They say this doesn't go into Effect until the 10th - so maybe if you make those maps listed a priority to dig as you need hp would be the best solution at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Semper Cat View Post
            The amount of fruit that a map gives should be reflected in the price of the map. I usually only buy the fruity maps when they are on sale at half price. If I really need hp then I buy the Milky Way map because of its low price and high hp fruit. I think that the Milky Way map should NOT be touched and just make the others more balanced. This way players can get the hp needed to finish a mission. I will not buy a really expensive map and I don't think that many other players will either, in my opinion.
            Problem is Milky way is one of the maps that is out of balance

Comment

Originally posted by Ross Savage View Post
              There will be 3 kinds of changes:
              Rise of the HP given by some unbalanced maps
              Reduction of the HP given by some unbalanced maps
              Suppression of the maps giving very low HP

Another option is still at study:
              Create a new range of Fruity maps costing more Mu$ (15/20 Mu$ for example) and giving many HP (1000 HP for example)

The first step will be ready Tuesday October 10, and will consist by the deletion of the following maps:
              A Pirate's End
              The Little Girl and her Doll
              Vieux Pont
              The Valentin Waterfall
              Grand Opening of Gamomania
              Quiet Crossroads
              White Orchard's Ruins

We don't know yet when the other steps will be ready but we can already telling you which maps will be concerned:

Laralia Caves
              Chocolate Spiral
              The Agoraphobic Dragon
              Bay of Big Eggs
              Candy Jar Isle
              Winter Ice Cream Parlour
              Wild Strawberry Pie Bay
              Two Obelisk Temple
              TM's Pets Are Ready For NYE
              The Pink Gardens
              The Lost Lovers
              The Marble Garden
              The Crane's Village
              The Happy Folks Tavern
              Latecomer's Christmas Shopping
              Evernight Woods
              Getting Ready For The Wedding
              Books! Books everywhere!

Keep in mind the other option on the table (maps costing more Mu$ and giving more HP), and if you have feedback to give please make them here.

Or contact Tatanka or Ross:
              https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012823992026
              https://www.facebook.com/ross.savage.79
              I searched and heres where they are located

A Pirate's End 2017
              The Little Girl and her Doll 2016
              Vieux Pont 2017
              The Valentin Waterfall 2017
              Grand Opening of Gamomania 2016
              Quiet Crossroads 2017
              White Orchard's Ruins 2017

The Milky Way's Got Talent 2016
              Laralia Caves 2017
              Chocolate Spiral 2011
              The Agoraphobic Dragon 2017
              Bay of Big Eggs 2012
              Candy Jar Isle 2011
              Winter Ice Cream Parlour 2012
              Wild Strawberry Pie Bay 2011
              Two Obelisk Temple 2016
              TM's Pets Are Ready For NYE 2016
              The Pink Gardens 2017
              The Lost Lovers 2017
              The Marble Garden 2017
              The Crane's Village 2017
              The Happy Folks Tavern 2017
              Latecomer's Christmas Shopping 2016
              Evernight Woods 2017
              Getting Ready For The Wedding 2016
              Books! Books everywhere! 2017
              blondebuckhunter's wishlist

Comment

Originally posted by BarbE View Post

When a map is deleted - it is pulled from the lists of maps - meaning you will no longer be able to purchase it or dig it -- Ross or Tatanka will have to answer you on what happens if you have started to dig the map and haven't finished by the time this goes into effect. They say this doesn't go into Effect until the 10th - so maybe if you make those maps listed a priority to dig as you need hp would be the best solution at this point.
                Thanks - I have started to dig them but not sure I will manage to finish (I have a full backpack so nowhere to store fruit and I do not just want to waste it) - so yeah, an answer from Ross or Tatanka as to what happens if one does not manage to finish these maps (or even start them) after having bought them before this announcement would be very welcome - doesn't seem fair one would just lose all this MU..

Comment

Originally posted by Verunkam View Post

Thanks - I have started to dig them but not sure I will manage to finish (I have a full backpack so nowhere to store fruit and I do not just want to waste it) - so yeah, an answer from Ross or Tatanka as to what happens if one does not manage to finish these maps (or even start them) after having bought them before this announcement would be very welcome - doesn't seem fair one would just lose all this MU..
                  You can turn on eat as you dig and actually go over your max hp if you wish - there is a box you need to check each time you enter the game to do that

Comment

I've played TM daily long before the Milky Way's Got Talent map came out in 2016. There is no question it's the most bountiful fruity map when it comes to 350+ fruits. I understand how it can unbalance the game. Change it, remove it, or do what you will. I'll miss it, but I'll get along without it.

I suggest that you do *NOT* change the 2012 maps, Bay of Big Eggs, Winter Ice Cream Parlour, or the ones from 2011, Chocolate Spiral, Candy Jar Isle, and Wild Strawberry Bay. Those maps have been that way for five years or more and should be left alone.
                    Wishlist

Comment

The Treasure Madness Club it takes at least four to six thousand hp to dig maps for the mission and even if you are just digging to get all the treasures and helping your team. Ten to twenty Mus$ for a map with only 1000hp, really??? That is just does not make sense. You need to up the hp if you are going to charge more. I used to never have to dig a fruit map the weeks maps. Now since you have to dug at least 3, or 4 times to complete every thing and maybe you will have an extra high rarity to help others.You Need to keep the Milky Way map and Chocolate Spiral {witch we have had forever, Why change now????} . Maybe reduce the HP a little but not much. But keep at 8 or 10 MUS$ and they we can buy on sale. You have fruity maps at that price now. I know you need revenue but messing with the fruit maps, you are going to lose a lot of players and ones who pay real money. This might not be ideal but raise the price of MUS$ to get the vip status, makes more sense to me. Put better treasures in the treasure chests, Sure makes me sad to see this game headed for the chopping block

Comment

I’m going to start with my two cents on the second option (15-20 MU maps ). If a map cost me 20 MU, I would expect it to give me a return that reflects that sort of cost. The current return of Milky Way's got Talent would be my minimum expectation for a map that costs 20 MU. I don’t believe there is a player who would be happy to pay that much and only get 1000 HP in return for their investment. It won’t be worth buying the maps at all. Anyone who believes they would be is most likely deluding themselves.

I’ve seen on the fan page that at least one representative of TM (not myself, and I doubt very much that it’s Barb) thinks that we can get 20,000 HP from a fruit map. I’ve NEVER received that much, even with fully upgraded equipment and using “eat as you go”. Either that person was extremely lucky or they are digging a map no one else has access to.

Some maps have always had a better return for your MU investment, just like some high rarity treasures have always been harder to find than others (Red Sports Car anyone?) Whether a map is worth the investment or not is often dependent purely on luck (for example Dragonfruit Isle tends to give either apples or dragonfruit) or exactly what the player is using their food maps for. Some maps are better for the quick hit of HP prior to the release of limited missions (or even during), and others are better for “hoarding” purposes. While I agree that some should be tweaked, it should be done in a way that all maps costing a certain value return a similar value of HP within a range of up to 500 HP variance. This would keep the luck aspect in play and keep players continually buying the same maps due to them being a "good investment" depending on what they are being used for.

I also agree that it seems very silly to change some of them now, as they have been like this since they were released years ago. We were told that Chocolate Spiral wouldn't be fixed and that it would be a good “go to map”. It makes me wonder what other promises TM would be willing to go back on. I won’t list any of the things promised in case someone thinks rolling one back a good idea.

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
                        Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
                        Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

I read Ross's post and I came away with this. When he stated they want to change some of the prices to 15/20 MU and have many hp (1000), I took it as the fruit you found would be worth 1000 hp each. I could be mistaken, and if I am and he meant yielding 1000 hp total I can almost guarantee no player will purchase one of those maps. I have to agree with the group taking away or changing Chocolate Spiral five years after it was released is quite silly on the part of TM. The Milky Way was obviously an "Ooops" and the GD's chose not to change it until now. Instead of taking the cakes off maybe they can raise the price of that map. So many players buy it and I believe they would continue to do so even if the price was raised to 15 MU. There are so many fruit maps that are overpriced and yield very little. Why can't those maps be deleted? Why do the GD's have to touch the ones that are popular and reliable? Why can't the GD's check the maps before they are released so we can avoid this problem in the first place? So many questions and never enough answers.
                          If you like what I have said or I have been helpful Reputation is always appreciated. Click star bottom left hand corner of my post. Click on "does it contribute to conversation" even though it is already clicked. Please leave a comment and your name as I like to know who gives me Rep.

Thank you and you have a nice day!!!

Comment

I like the luck aspect of some of the fruit maps -- Milky way - I have seen some get 11K on the map but never 20K off that map -- and btw - I have never got more than 9K off the map after I have dug it and I use eat as you dig - that is my gain after digging it - Normally I get around 6K when I dig it.

since Amity Mentioned Dragonfruit Isle - omg - how many times did I dig that before I actually got a dragon fruit - anyone remember??? And there are other maps that some players do better on than I do - it's not a big deal to me as I do better on fruit maps that they do terrible on.

The reason for the introduction to the 10 to 12 MU range of maps was so that those maps gave more hp - or bang for your buck and players knew that - to lower those to the rate of all the rest is like why??? we paid more for these maps because they gave more payout to begin with. Just like treasures are random on the maps - so are the fruits random on the maps that we dig - sometimes we get lucky and sometimes we don't. and now you want to introduce a 15 to 20 MU range that is suppose to give less than the 10- 12 MU range was suppose to give - It just befuddles the mind actually as to why anyone would want to take a giant step backwards in the game at this point.

First off, you have lots of players that still buy the fruit maps the day they are released and dig them at Full Price -- so if they realize they are only going to get a mere 1000 HP from the map - that will stop - they will wait for the sale of fruit maps and buy it at that time for 1000 hp.

2) if you are trying to make the health kits more attractive by raising the rates of the fruit maps - I hate to inform you - the health kits never went over big to begin with - most bought on accident because they clicked to fast - lots since have learned to set a refill point so they don't see the pop up - I refill anywhere between 100 hp and 200 hp actually - I never see the pop up about buying a health kit -- Players didn't like the health kits when they came out other than a few that may purchase them here or there - Most would opt to wait to refill their health or spend their MU on fruit maps because you get the added experience from digging the fruity maps and if you are trying to level up - that's the way to go actually.

3) Although I know this bunch of developers that are here now were not the ones here when the errors in fruit maps were made - the Developers were informed of the issues in a timely manner and we were told that the maps wouldn't be fixed -- Now the players are taking advantage of a glitch that was imposed by developers that refused to fix them to begin with - you can't blame the players for something the company refused to fix to begin with! Sure it makes an imbalance in the game and Milky way has done that for the last year actually and the map should have been tweaked when the developers were notified about it. Players are going to use the tools at their disposal no matter what game they play - in this case Milky way was made at the disposal of the players in it's present form for a year -- Chocolate spiral we were told was a good go to map - and lots of players buy it even at full price because they like digging it and it's a fun one lots toss fruit from at Easter Actually.

I am one that stopped using health kits because I could never thank the person sending me a health kits - it always hangs in the never ending "please wait" loop and I have to refresh to get out of it - thus my teammates were not getting gold for sending them - this issue has never been resolved for me. I don't collect gold from walls or 20 hp hearts either - and because of where I live the hp videos are non existent - therefore I used fruit maps for my health - that was my choice

If these are the only maps being changed - I will agree those from 2011 and 2012 are silly to change at this point and time because they have been this way for a long time actually - we are talking 5 and 6 yrs already - that these maps have been broken as you say - yet each and every time you dig these maps you can actually get a different result -- I know chocolate spiral ranges with fully upgraded equipment from 2500 to 2800 -- on average for me -- with Wild Strawberry - depends on how many banana splits (I think that is the map with all the banana splits on it) that I find - sometimes I may only find a few other times I may find 10 - on how well I do - so a difference of about 700 hp in digging it. You can't judge a map just once by digging it - you actually have to dig a map multiple times - otherwise I would have given up on digging dragonfruit the first time when all I got was apples

Comment

With all these upcoming changes I wonder "what do we get as players?" You want to take away popular maps or tweak them, but you haven't given us anything in quite some time to pique our interest. I have to be honest ... it isn't the maps that have me here daily it is the people I have met. I have made some really nice friends and when I take a rest from the game I miss my friends. However, the GD's could really spice up the game if they gave us new mini games, player achievements (the last was 2011 - that is 6 years ago), level rush reaching five levels - 20/25 MU to the first 200, a special map for those who have reached the highest level. Even out your weekly maps so they are not so darn hard to find treasures. No player should have to dig more than three times to find their treasures. I get the concept of the game and I enjoy the dig, but let's be honest how much fun is it if you are always seeking treasures because you can't find what you need on your map? Digging the map twice or even three times is okay, but anything more is just plain ridiculous. Many of us don't have time to play your game for hours. Why make it this difficult and then announce you are planning to take away the popular fruit maps? I can assure you, if we as players do not have enough HP we won't be digging for much longer. It would be nice if when you are tweaking the fruit maps you tweak your weekly maps too. Tweak the Inventory Maps to actually yield lots of inventory. They are quite useless at the moment.
                              If you like what I have said or I have been helpful Reputation is always appreciated. Click star bottom left hand corner of my post. Click on "does it contribute to conversation" even though it is already clicked. Please leave a comment and your name as I like to know who gives me Rep.

Thank you and you have a nice day!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X