Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposals from the development for potential changes/additions to the content in TM

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly written content:
    Yes, I do read the information in the News section for the new series each week.

Feedback on the written content for reporting errors:
    Yes

Challenge Series:
    Some of my team mates and I had a lot of fun with this.

New items that are sponsored by charities:
    Depends on the cause

Real-life goodies like a TM mug or T-shirt etc.:
    No, thank you

Sponsored (for charity) series every now and then:
    It should be a global charity or an emergency cause such as a disaster relief

Reworking the theme categories in the game.
    This sounds too complicated – lol
    (I would like to see the PC Collections listed in alphabetical order.)

Stopping the reopening of older maps and making them available all the time:
    No, I do not like this idea out of respect for players who purchased expired maps to assist team mates.
    The current system of reopening archived maps and collections allows us to concentrate on re-digging one series at a time to assist team mates.

Having more Quest series every year:
    The addition of Easter and TM Birthday sounds like enough.

TM's upcoming 8th birthday this summer:
    No ideas come to mind - need to think more about this.

Our 3000th collection is just around the corner. Will it be a special one?

Would you consider some new Inventory Maps that give us the items that do not appear in Free Gifts?
    Last edited by Sambuka 09; 20th Feb, 2017, 07:04 AM.
    You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one.
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one.

John Lennon

Bazinga!

Comment

Weekly written content:
      Yes, I enjoy reading about each series.

Feedback on the written content for reporting errors:
      Yes

Challenge Series:
      I would love to see the Challenge series come back.

New items that are sponsored by charities:
      No, because I give to local charities

Real-life goodies like a TM mug or T-shirt etc.:
      No, thank you

Sponsored (for charity) series every now and then:
      Makes no difference to me. I sponsor on my own.

Reworking the theme categories in the game.
      Don't make finding a map more complicated than it already is. I would like to see the PC Collections listed in alphabetical order.

Stopping the reopening of older maps and making them available all the time:
      No, I do not like this idea out of respect for players who purchased expired maps to assist team mates.

I am not in favor of newer players having easy assess to free archived maps. It isn't fair to long time players who worked darn hard to find all of their treasures. I definitely would not be happy knowing MU I used were wasted on these maps should you choose to offer them for free.

Having more Quest series every year:
      I am not in favor of another quest with a useless collection. I would welcome new quests if they only featured high HP finds.

TM's upcoming 8th birthday this summer:
      I need to think about this one and get back to you.

Thank you Sambuka 09 as I used your format above. Any other option was far too complicated this early in the morning.
      Last edited by coolkdz2; 20th Feb, 2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I love TM as it is not much in the suggestions appeals to me, definitely disagree with all maps been open to everyone us long term players have spent a lot of real money purchasing these maps. I do think it would be good for all players for 1 special edition map at a cost where its just full of rarity 20's which would help our team out a lot
        Pleased to have helped, could you help me by adding rep points. Gifts or fruit are always welcome.

Collections completed 349/351 thankyou to all who have helped.

Comment

Do you read and/or care about the weekly written content? Such as the treasures' descriptions or the scenario of the missions?
          no

If provided with a thread for feedback on the written content for reporting errors in the forum, would you use it?
          no

Do you miss the Challenge Series, which gave the players an opportunity to suggest both maps and collections for the game? Also, if this series is rebooted, would you enter the competitions?
          I usually liked the competitions. So yes, I'd probably enter.

If added, would you use or buy these features?
          No to all suggestions.

Ideas that are being considered by the team right now that they would appreciate your input on:
          Reworking the theme categories in the game. The general "Event" (seen in game as “Special” and “Archived”) category will be broken down into: Media (books, cinema, etc.), Science & Tech, Trips (like the series about a country), Icons (famous people), Celebrations and TM Team (the TM Team's adventures, like the Resolutions from a couple of months back) to help make sure TM's content is more varied from one week to the next. Do you think this is a good/bad idea and why? Do you have suggestions for other possible categories?
          Sounds too complicated to me. I'd leave it as it is now.

The team is also considering stopping the reopening of older maps and making them available all the time. There'd be no Mu$ needed to unlock them on the 1st place, the only limit for digging them would be in HP and items you may require for the map. Do you like this idea and why?
          No. Where would be the difference to story maps? And as was mentioned on previous posts it would be very unfair to players who spent lots of Mu$ on expired maps.

Having more Quest series every year, instead of just Valentine's Day, Halloween and Christmas. Possible additional Quests currently under consideration are for Easter as well as the TM Birthday. Suggestions for other possible Quests are welcome, excluding sporting events such as the Olympics as it's been tried before and it wasn't a success.
          I think we have enough quests as it is now. But I wouldn't care too much if we got more quests.

Btw I really like Amity's idea about the Story Quests - as long as these quests aren't on old maps but on new ones. I still remember finally finishing all the old story maps and then the quests were released so I had to dig all these maps all over again.

Wishlist

no random gifting please!

Comment

I play this game from day 1 and I loved it as much as possible right up to now when you started to change things. If you now open old maps, then people who just started to play will have HUUUGE leverage on us who play without VIPs and spending real money/MU$ on the game - and it's just not fair. "Rebranding" Special and Archived maps is also not a good idea, because it will create confusion and chaos.
            Please leave the game as it is now - new maps on Tuesday, special events like TM birthday, Easter etc, and definitely re-opening old maps one week at the time. Please, just because you love your oldest players, don't make us stop playing the game WE love!

Comment

Questions the developers would like you to answer:
              • Do you read and/or care about the weekly written content? Such as the treasures' descriptions or the scenario of the missions?
              • Of course I do -- ok so I miss some stuff on proof reading - others want to do it at 2 am -- I think everyone that reads the missions want to know when Sir Adams and Phylis are getting married .............. lol or if Burt will ever win the heart of Carmen -- or how in the world can Ross be Burt's son - he eats like Arnold.
              • If provided with a thread for feedback on the written content for reporting errors in the forum, would you use it?
              • I think some will - I will just send to the developers because I know I miss stuff
              • Do you miss the Challenge Series, which gave the players an opportunity to suggest both maps and collections for the game? Also, if this series is rebooted, would you enter the competitions?
              • Loved the Challenges - but like Amity said - the SG's were never allowed to participate in them But love seeing the ideas that the players come up with actually.

If added, would you use or buy these features?
              • new items, such as kits that give some HP, that are sponsored by charities and that will give some of the money spent to attain them to help a cause
              • Not sure I would as I seldom use the free health kit - I suppose it would depend on the Charity
              • Real-life goodies like a TM mug or T-shirt etc.
              • The cost of shipping from France would be more than the item I am afraid
              • The developers have also thought it could be nice to have sponsored (for charity) series every now and then, elaborated hand-in-hand with companies that they deem worthwhile
              • May be interesting - will have to wait and see
              • The opportunity to appear in the game (like say on a special quest map) - perhaps with a competition so the players can see themselves within it
              • Would love to appear (again)

Ideas that are being considered by the team right now that they would appreciate your input on:
              • Reworking the theme categories in the game. The general "Event" (seen in game as “Special” and “Archived”) category will be broken down into: Media (books, cinema, etc.), Science & Tech, Trips (like the series about a country), Icons (famous people), Celebrations and TM Team (the TM Team's adventures, like the Resolutions from a couple of months back) to help make sure TM's content is more varied from one week to the next. Do you think this is a good/bad idea and why? Do you have suggestions for other possible categories?
              • This may be to time consuming for the developers actually. I would rather see the map series listed in Alphabetical order - and same with all the maps in a series actually. Sometimes I look for a certain map.
              • The team is also considering stopping the reopening of older maps and making them available all the time. There'd be no Mu$ needed to unlock them on the 1st place, the only limit for digging them would be in HP and items you may require for the map. Do you like this idea and why? Lots of Players have paid anywhere from 4 MU to 9 MU for these maps actually so that they could help their teammates -- I have bought well over 200 maps myself over the years and honestly have never really counted them. We purchased the maps so that we could dig anytime we wished to dig them and help out teammates. If you open the maps to everyone - then there would be no need for wishlists as players can dig their own maps actually and get the items - thus interaction between players may end.
              • Having more Quest series every year, instead of just Valentine's Day, Halloween and Christmas. Possible additional Quests currently under consideration are for Easter as well as the TM Birthday. Suggestions for other possible Quests are welcome, excluding sporting events such as the Olympics as it's been tried before and it wasn't a success. TM Birthday would be a fun summer quest since it's in July actually -- you could do 8 days of gathering cakes or plates or something along those lines daily - and the week prior to it and week of the quest - we could find items we will need on the maps we dig actually - instead of "nothing" every few spaces could have a cupcake or something sweet. Just an idea.
              • TM's upcoming 8th birthday this summer is a big one. The idea to have players appear in-game and goodies stem from this event. Do you had anything to suggest in terms of special content? In-game content, anything that happens in the game using the tools we already have that is, is favoured by the direction. If you know processes that are in place in the game, that are no longer used for whatever unknown reason and that could be used to create a new kind of in-game event for TM's 8th birthday, the content development team is all ears!
              • Players really loved the 404 map - I think something like that would be great for the 8th birthday map -- if you do something like that - no need to do a quest for TM birthday actually. Players could actually unlock sections of the map using the items we found in the old story quests (which I miss) You would only need 1 conquistador's ring, etc to unlock a section of the map. The items on the map could be random along with the fruit -- ok we loved 404 because of the fruit and gold we got off the map - the treasures were just fun to find
              As for other ideas - I would love to see story quests again - however I also know because we would go from map to map to unlock sections it would be difficult to do the limited missions the week that we did a story quest - however, you could take the total number of rewards for the week - and give say to the first 7000 players 5 MU and maybe some high fruit for completing the quest. Sometimes we would have to go dig an old story map to find items as well - so just a thought -- I remember digging 1 map several times for the guns we needed for the pirate quest or maya rivers for items we needed there actually.

Comment

Questions the developers would like you to answer:
                • Do you read and/or care about the weekly written content? Such as the treasures' descriptions or the scenario of the missions? No, I'm lucky to have enough minutes to play.
                • If provided with a thread for feedback on the written content for reporting errors in the forum, would you use it? No
                • Do you miss the Challenge Series, which gave the players an opportunity to suggest both maps and collections for the game? Also, if this series is rebooted, would you enter the competitions? No, Did not do it the first time.

If added, would you use or buy these features? No, I would not use real money for any Facebook games.
                • new items, such as kits that give some HP, that are sponsored by charities and that will give some of the money spent to attain them to help a cause
                • Real-life goodies like a TM mug or T-shirt etc.
                • The developers have also thought it could be nice to have sponsored (for charity) series every now and then, elaborated hand-in-hand with companies that they deem worthwhile
                • The opportunity to appear in the game (like say on a special quest map) - perhaps with a competition so the players can see themselves within it

• Reworking the theme categories in the game. The general "Event" (seen in game as “Special” and “Archived”) category will be broken down into: Media (books, cinema, etc.), Science & Tech, Trips (like the series about a country), Icons (famous people), Celebrations and TM Team (the TM Team's adventures, like the Resolutions from a couple of months back) to help make sure TM's content is more varied from one week to the next. Do you think this is a good/bad idea and why? Do you have suggestions for other possible categories? It can be really hard to find maps when you want to help a teammate and re-dig. Alphabetizing them inside any categories would help. The same with treasure collections and POP collections. Please put them in alphabetical order so we can find them instead of searching through the whole category.
                • The team is also considering stopping the reopening of older maps and making them available all the time. There'd be no Mu$ needed to unlock them on the 1st place, the only limit for digging them would be in HP and items you may require for the map. Do you like this idea and why? I love this. There have been many times where I wanted to help a teammate dig and find a hard-to-find treasure, but didn't have enough MU$ to buy the map.
                • Having more Quest series every year, instead of just Valentine's Day, Halloween and Christmas. Possible additional Quests currently under consideration are for Easter as well as the TM Birthday. Suggestions for other possible Quests are welcome, excluding sporting events such as the Olympics as it's been tried before and it wasn't a success. Quests are hard when you travel, and when you have them on the Holidays, so many people are with family. I'd rather see them at random times of the year.
                • TM's upcoming 8th birthday this summer is a big one. The idea to have players appear in-game and goodies stem from this event. Do you had anything to suggest in terms of special content? In-game content, anything that happens in the game using the tools we already have that is, is favoured by the direction. If you know processes that are in place in the game, that are no longer used for whatever unknown reason and that could be used to create a new kind of in-game event for TM's 8th birthday, the content development team is all ears! I did like the maps where we had to find items to unlock special tiles that would lead to another map. Those were fun

wishlist

Comment

just about the maps... dont think it is fair to open them for everyone, but new revival maps that can be redug would be nice -with the newer items on it, and a set where those quest items are on that could be found nowhere than on quest maps by now - hope that makes sense

Comment

Yes, I do read the content text for items and missions.

I have said this in the past. I would pay at least MU$ for a map that would benefit something the WWF. A beach type map that has brown or black sand. When the tile is dug it turns a lighter shade of brown or yellow, as if the digger is "cleaning" the beach during an oil spill.

I do agree with players like Wendwas. It would be unfair to open the maps to everyone for no price, especially when long time players have had to pay for them in the past. I personally have spent a large number of MU$ to open old maps so that I could complete them.
                    “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open one's mouth and remove all doubt.” -Samuel Johnson

My Desires

Comment

I always read the week' content and the treasures and on which maps the series are. I also read the descriptions on the treasure when I find it, I don't find it difficult to understand any 'lost in translation' phrases. People have spent many hours researching and I appreciate this.

I dug the challenge maps when I was part of a very good team, most of these have left the game over the years, but I would still dig these maps, I love to dig!

I did not enjoy the quest maps, having to open an already dug map just to find one item.

The map collections are fine as they are.

Happy Birthday when it comes.

Happy Hunting

Comment

Working...
                      X