Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proposals from the development for potential changes/additions to the content in TM

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposals from the development for potential changes/additions to the content in TM

Feedback on content is wanted by the content development team. I have been given a list of questions and ideas that are being considered that the development team would like some feedback on from the players. Some of these things include general questions for the players regarding current content, the reworking of the categories of the maps/treasures, the possible addition of some content and if players would actually use some of these facilities.

Questions the developers would like you to answer:
    • Do you read and/or care about the weekly written content? Such as the treasures' descriptions or the scenario of the missions?
    • If provided with a thread for feedback on the written content for reporting errors in the forum, would you use it?
    • Do you miss the Challenge Series, which gave the players an opportunity to suggest both maps and collections for the game? Also, if this series is rebooted, would you enter the competitions?

If added, would you use or buy these features?
    • new items, such as kits that give some HP, that are sponsored by charities and that will give some of the money spent to attain them to help a cause
    • Real-life goodies like a TM mug or T-shirt etc.
    • The developers have also thought it could be nice to have sponsored (for charity) series every now and then, elaborated hand-in-hand with companies that they deem worthwhile
    • The opportunity to appear in the game (like say on a special quest map) - perhaps with a competition so the players can see themselves within it

Ideas that are being considered by the team right now that they would appreciate your input on:
    • Reworking the theme categories in the game. The general "Event" (seen in game as “Special” and “Archived”) category will be broken down into: Media (books, cinema, etc.), Science & Tech, Trips (like the series about a country), Icons (famous people), Celebrations and TM Team (the TM Team's adventures, like the Resolutions from a couple of months back) to help make sure TM's content is more varied from one week to the next. Do you think this is a good/bad idea and why? Do you have suggestions for other possible categories?
    • The team is also considering stopping the reopening of older maps and making them available all the time. There'd be no Mu$ needed to unlock them on the 1st place, the only limit for digging them would be in HP and items you may require for the map. Do you like this idea and why?
    • Having more Quest series every year, instead of just Valentine's Day, Halloween and Christmas. Possible additional Quests currently under consideration are for Easter as well as the TM Birthday. Suggestions for other possible Quests are welcome, excluding sporting events such as the Olympics as it's been tried before and it wasn't a success.
    • TM's upcoming 8th birthday this summer is a big one. The idea to have players appear in-game and goodies stem from this event. Do you had anything to suggest in terms of special content? In-game content, anything that happens in the game using the tools we already have that is, is favoured by the direction. If you know processes that are in place in the game, that are no longer used for whatever unknown reason and that could be used to create a new kind of in-game event for TM's 8th birthday, the content development team is all ears!

Please do NOT give feedback about the Pop Culture maps, mini games, scheduling, or daily request limits, as these things are handled by others in the development team and/or are already currently being looked into.

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
    Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
    Text Mach Challenge!

There seems to a lot of proposed changes creeping into the game which concerns me slightly. I would prefer the game to stay the same as it is now with limited changes.
    • The weekly written content I don't really care about too much.
    • The Charity aspect I like and I would also like a TM Mug to sip out of when digging maps.
    • Themes I would like to see could be along the lines of each character eg Jennifer's Team Vs Burt's Team etc
    • The Quests I am not so keen on as during these special times of the year I am usually on holiday or spending time with family
    • Regarding the 8th birthday perhaps you could dig up invitations in special maps which then enables you attend the main birthday map party /cake / presents etc.
    In summary, I enjoy digging the maps and have done so for many years. I don't want to see many changes to the game as I am very satisfied with the current format. I also don't want to feel pressured into committing more time to the game than I do at present.

Comment

My answers to the questions:

Yes, I read the written content, It's not unusual for me to find errors that have gotten past the proof readers. I find it entertaining and educational and have always seen it as an important part of the game.

If a thread was available I would make sure that any errors that I've missed got passed onto the correct members of the development team.

I wouldn't say no to the Challenge series being revitalised/rebooted if others feel it's a good idea. I wouldn't enter because SG's have never been allowed to do that, but I would be happy to help run the competitions.

Would I Use/buy proposed features:

In regards to new items, for me it would possibly depend on what charity the money was going to as to whether or not I'd use the kits or back a sponsored series. The other factor would be finances at the time they come out.

The idea of real life goodies was floated previously, I believe it had a good response from players but didn't get off the ground for some reason. I would still consider purchasing TM goodies.

Yes, I would take up the opportunity to appear in game (again)

For the ideas being considered:
      I like the idea of reworking the categories (apart from the fact that I'll have to fix the threads ) If done well it will simplify where the collections/maps belong even if it takes a little while to get used to. I don't currently have ideas for other categories, but will make sure I add them if I think of any.

I LOVE the idea of the archived maps always being open. This will mean that those who still need to finish off maps can dig them when it's convenient for them rather than waiting for the maps to be re-released. I would suggest that new content series remain closed for the same period it is now before the maps become available to dig after the initial week is over, if that is possible to do.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the Quests, as I often forget to collect my daily mission. If more are added, Easter and TM Birthday would make it enough Quests for the year in my opinion.

In regards to 8th birthday content, I'll have to have a think about that.

Content I wouldn't mind seeing revived/added to are the Story Quests that sent us hunting all over the maps to find special items. They stopped after the Sican Quest and we still have items in our backpacks from these to use/find out what they are for. Please don't kill me for suggesting this guys....

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
      Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
      Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

• Do you read and/or care about the weekly written content? Such as the treasures' descriptions or the scenario of the missions? No
        • If provided with a thread for feedback on the written content for reporting errors in the forum, would you use it? No
        • Do you miss the Challenge Series, which gave the players an opportunity to suggest both maps and collections for the game? Also, if this series is rebooted, would you enter the competitions? Not really as I never participated would support it being there for others

• new items, such as kits that give some HP, that are sponsored by charities and that will give some of the money spent to attain them to help a cause - No
        • Real-life goodies like a TM mug or T-shirt etc. - Maybe, it would depend on what the price and postage costs are
        • The developers have also thought it could be nice to have sponsored (for charity) series every now and then, elaborated hand-in-hand with companies that they deem worthwhile - Sounds like a good idea as long it does not have an impact on the players and create a bunch of spam etc
        • The opportunity to appear in the game (like say on a special quest map) - perhaps with a competition so the players can see themselves within it - No

Ideas that are being considered by the team right now that they would appreciate your input on:
        • Reworking the theme categories in the game. The general "Event" (seen in game as “Special” and “Archived”) category will be broken down into: Media (books, cinema, etc.), Science & Tech, Trips (like the series about a country), Icons (famous people), Celebrations and TM Team (the TM Team's adventures, like the Resolutions from a couple of months back) to help make sure TM's content is more varied from one week to the next. Do you think this is a good/bad idea and why? Do you have suggestions for other possible categories? - Only if done correctly, am happy how it is though
        • The team is also considering stopping the reopening of older maps and making them available all the time. There'd be no Mu$ needed to unlock them on the 1st place, the only limit for digging them would be in HP and items you may require for the map. Do you like this idea and why? - Great idea, would probably encourage more people to start playing as well allowing those that need to finish maps to get them done.
        • Having more Quest series every year, instead of just Valentine's Day, Halloween and Christmas. Possible additional Quests currently under consideration are for Easter as well as the TM Birthday. Suggestions for other possible Quests are welcome, excluding sporting events such as the Olympics as it's been tried before and it wasn't a success. - Maybe, if they do not require additional item requests or the daily requests get increased as many players are already struggling with the amount of items needed
        • TM's upcoming 8th birthday this summer is a big one. The idea to have players appear in-game and goodies stem from this event. Do you had anything to suggest in terms of special content? In-game content, anything that happens in the game using the tools we already have that is, is favoured by the direction. If you know processes that are in place in the game, that are no longer used for whatever unknown reason and that could be used to create a new kind of in-game event for TM's 8th birthday, the content development team is all ears! - I am not creative so I will just say surprise me

Generally speaking I love the game as it is so maybe one or two changes only would be nice, it appears that each time changes are made there are a lot of players that stop playing but thanks for the opportunity for us to comment prior to changes just being made, hopefully this will make a difference.
        My Wish List

Comment

--- Do you read and/or care about the weekly written content? Such as the treasures' descriptions or the scenario of the missions?

I do try to read what written content there is, but lately it has been so poorly written/translated that I often give up. A proof-reader would be much appreciated.

What I would really, really appreciate would be written content for each map, especially the ones that are historical, based on specific tales, or people. With no background info, I often open a map and have no idea what it's all about.

--- If provided with a thread for feedback on the written content for reporting errors in the forum, would you use it?

A proof-reader for the English version would eliminate most of the errors. But then I'm no expert - any other 'errors' have gone right over my head.

--- Do you miss the Challenge Series, which gave the players an opportunity to suggest both maps and collections for the game? Also, if this series is rebooted, would you enter the competitions?

You know what I miss? I miss the maps (Mayan? Inca?) that required finding certain objects (often from other maps) before some tiles could be dug - giving cryptic clues and needing thought or intuition to find them quickly would be even better. I miss tiles hidden behind objects - give us a chance to search for hidden tiles and if we can't find them, we can always resort to the light bulb. I miss those sorts of challenges - lets put the 'hunt' back in this treasure hunt game.

--- If added, would you use or buy these features?

I'm not interested in anything I have to buy.

--- Do you have suggestions for other possible categories?

No archived maps? All the maps available all the time? Then why even have categories, just put the darn maps in alphabetical order so we can find them - except for brand new ones, which should always be at the top.

--- Having more Quest series every year, instead of just Valentine's Day, Halloween and Christmas.

Not a fan of the Quests I've done lately, they are a brainless accumulation of items.

So generally, the game is just fine and only needs some minor tweaks to make it perfect.
          Last edited by The Rogue; 19th Feb, 2017, 12:30 AM.

Comment

My idea of improvements would be:

An French to English translator/proofreader would be appreciated.

Old-style map graphics with lots of interesting detail and less open space (pavement, fields, sand, etc.) dotted with tiny zombie figures would score points with me. I skip some of the new map series as the maps themselves are just too depressing to look at.

And I like Amity's idea of reviving the older kind of story quests. Those required a bit more thought and were much appreciated.

The Rogue's idea of alphabetized maps is excellent.

Comment

I think all of the above are great, but the best is removing the museum dollars to open old maps that are archived. I can't afford to access the maps that need museum dollars. I really hope this option is instigated, as well as the shirt and mug.

Comment

I have been a daily player since January 2010 and have found this forum to be a great "font of knowledge" especially the weekly list of maps and their release times and names of collections per map.
                It's recently been made apparent that some people are loathe to accept change, but sometimes its must be done to keep the game fresh and exciting.
                I don't live my life around TM and/or Facebook, and will only try to get the Timed Missions when I am available, however, there are certain parts of the world that are slightly better favoured for release times than others.
                As such, some people tend to "preload" their wishlist as they are in bed/away when mission is on and then when they return they may have been sent some of the collection and then start digging at their convenience.
                It also makes it sometimes difficult when looking at wishlists to determine whether they are actively digging or not.
                Can we have some sort of "online indicator" or timer showing how long since they last dug a tile to help us decide who is online, or even restrict the ability to add treasures onto a wishlist until they have at least completed 1 dig of all maps containing that collection. (players can still gift the treasures directly if they choose, but now via wishlist)

Another point is our individual stats have a mismatch. We see how many maps we have completed at least once, but others see a different public number showing only how many are currently completed (i.e. any partial redigs or repeated fruit maps open are deducted from the total)

i have never spent my own money on FB for any in-game purchases and I never intend to start doing so, however, merchandise might be something i would look at.
                (bet you don't have a T-shirt in my size! LOL)

I also like the idea of players appearing in the game from time to time, and I have previously been fortunate to have been personally mentioned in the description of 1 treasure. (John Silver's tricorn)

Comment

• The team is also considering stopping the reopening of older maps and making them available all the time. There'd be no Mu$ needed to unlock them on the 1st place, the only limit for digging them would be in HP and items you may require for the map. Do you like this idea and why?
                  This is a GREAT idea...I have many teammates needing RARE treasures, and this way I can help them.
                  • Do you read and/or care about the weekly written content? Such as the treasures' descriptions or the scenario of the missions? Yes, a little education never hurt anyone.
                  • TM's upcoming 8th birthday this summer is a big one. The idea to have players appear in-game and goodies stem from this event. Do you had anything to suggest in terms of special content? In-game content, anything that happens in the game using the tools we already have that is, is favoured by the direction. If you know processes that are in place in the game, that are no longer used for whatever unknown reason and that could be used to create a new kind of in-game event for TM's 8th birthday, the content development team is all ears!
                  How about a FREE map with HIGH VALUE fruit that can be dug more than once? Not to say we don't appreciate Milky Way and the ability to buy it every two weeks, but the higher value, the better!
                  • Having more Quest series every year, instead of just Valentine's Day, Halloween and Christmas. Possible additional Quests currently under consideration are for Easter as well as the TM Birthday. Suggestions for other possible Quests are welcome, excluding sporting events such as the Olympics as it's been tried before and it wasn't a success.
                  MAYBE one more quest, but they are a pain in the butt if you miss a day of collecting what's needed to open the map, and $4MD per is too high of a price to pay.

In my humble opinion, of course. LOL

MY WISHLIST

Comment

Generally I like the game the way it is. I think having Archived maps open all the time would benefit players and the game as new players would not be put off starting feeling they can never catch up, so that's a great idea.
                    The Challenge Series idea seemed popular although I never entered it myself.
                    I think having more Quests would detract from the ones we already having, making them less special and more of a chore - so maybe one more for the TM Birthday, but not several more each year.
                    I don't often (but sometimes) read the written content, so don't care about this one way or the other. Having a post giving more of the detail/history behind each series and its treasures on the Fan Page might be a popular alternative.
                    I don't care about re-ordering/categorising the maps. The way it is is fine, but if it changed along the lines suggested in the first post I wouldn't mind either.
                    Betty's Wishlist

Comment

I would like a refund on the 494 expired maps I paid for if you are going to open them to everyone.

Comment

Do you read and/or care about the weekly written content? Such as the treasures' descriptions or the scenario of the missions?
                        No, but I have learned quite a bit about history through the different missions.

If provided with a thread for feedback on the written content for reporting errors in the forum, would you use it?
                        Probably not.

Do you miss the Challenge Series, which gave the players an opportunity to suggest both maps and collections for the game? Also, if this series is rebooted, would you enter the competitions?
                        Yes, I like the Challenge Series. This is optional. There will be people that complain about additional maps, but they don't have to complete these missions.
                        • new items, such as kits that give some HP, that are sponsored by charities and that will give some of the money spent to attain them to help a cause
                        • Probably not, but it depends on the charity.
                        • Real-life goodies like a TM mug or T-shirt etc.
                        • Possibly, depending on the price/postage.
                        • The developers have also thought it could be nice to have sponsored (for charity) series every now and then, elaborated hand-in-hand with companies that they deem worthwhile
                        • This is an interesting concept. As long as the sponsor's ads/messages aren't too intrusive.
                        • The opportunity to appear in the game (like say on a special quest map) - perhaps with a competition so the players can see themselves within it
                        • This would be a fun addition to the game. I do enjoy how Jennifer, Adam, etc are infused into different episodes of the missions.

• Reworking the theme categories in the game. The general "Event" (seen in game as “Special” and “Archived”) category will be broken down into: Media (books, cinema, etc.), Science & Tech, Trips (like the series about a country), Icons (famous people), Celebrations and TM Team (the TM Team's adventures, like the Resolutions from a couple of months back) to help make sure TM's content is more varied from one week to the next. Do you think this is a good/bad idea and why? Do you have suggestions for other possible categories?
                        • Great idea! Maybe throwing in a category for current events, but keeping it light
                        • Great idea. I always finish the missions/maps, but some people don't have the opportunity (be it vacation, work, life, etc). Maybe unlocking it @2 weeks after it closes? Like how the story maps are available a few weeks after originally coming out, with hp prizes.
                        • Definitely yes. Maybe spreading them out throughout the year. Something in May (Mother's Day?), July (Independence Day, Bastille Day?), Sept (Labor Day). Maybe throwing in something innocuous like National Donut Day, Chocolate Lover's Day, etc.
                        • Maybe having items/things associated with the number 8? (The only thing that comes to mind in Sesame Street - eight chocolate chip cookies, eight pieces of chalk, etc.)

Change is not a bad thing. It keeps things fresh. People say they left the game due to changes, but they were probably going to leave anyway. The biggest complaint I've heard is that things are stale; same things over and over.

Thanks for asking for our input. I think you do an awesome job on this game. It's kept my interest up for many years. I'm totally addicted!

Comment

Do you read and/or care about the weekly written content? Such as the treasures' descriptions or the scenario of the missions?
                          No not so much. I am usually too busy digging. I do read them some times and i appreciate the information given.

If provided with a thread for feedback on the written content for reporting errors in the forum, would you use it?
                          No, i hate the forum. Too many, shall we say... Unsupportive people in here.

Do you miss the Challenge Series, which gave the players an opportunity to suggest both maps and collections for the game? Also, if this series is rebooted, would you enter the competitions?
                          It could be worth a try again. They were fun at the time. I am not sure if i would enter. Maybe, who knows.

new items, such as kits that give some HP, that are sponsored by charities and that will give some of the money spent to attain them to help a cause
                          No, i am very choosy about who i support and i would hate to be pressured into buying something to proceed in the game.

Real-life goodies like a TM mug or T-shirt etc.
                          Very small possibility i would buy. But it could be novel to buy for a friends birthday instead of hp or something.

The developers have also thought it could be nice to have sponsored (for charity) series every now and then, elaborated hand-in-hand with companies that they deem worthwhile
                          Would this be again, forcing us to buy something in order to dig those maps? I like the idea that we would have a series or one off all about a charity ect, but not if its a way to get money from us.

The opportunity to appear in the game (like say on a special quest map) - perhaps with a competition so the players can see themselves within it
                          Id like to hear more about this. Im not sure how your thinking it would work? I dont think anyone wants may face jumping up as they dig lol!

Reworking the theme categories in the game. The general "Event" (seen in game as “Special” and “Archived”) category will be broken down into: Media (books, cinema, etc.), Science & Tech, Trips (like the series about a country), Icons (famous people), Celebrations and TM Team (the TM Team's adventures, like the Resolutions from a couple of months back) to help make sure TM's content is more varied from one week to the next. Do you think this is a good/bad idea and why? Do you have suggestions for other possible categories?
                          I see this as getting VERY complicated. Maybe a quest map tab? But i think it would make too much confusion and no one would know where to look for maps and it would be just a real headache.

The team is also considering stopping the reopening of older maps and making them available all the time. There'd be no Mu$ needed to unlock them on the 1st place, the only limit for digging them would be in HP and items you may require for the map. Do you like this idea and why?
                          I dont like this because over the years ive spent a lot on older maps to reply them. Will i get refunded on that? What will we spend our mus on if we dont have maps to buy?
                          It would spoil the way my group works too. The fun of the hunt when the old maps reopen is something that keeps us older players interested.

Having more Quest series every year, instead of just Valentine's Day, Halloween and Christmas. Possible additional Quests currently under consideration are for Easter as well as the TM Birthday. Suggestions for other possible Quests are welcome, excluding sporting events such as the Olympics as it's been tried before and it wasn't a success.
                          There are all kinds of quests you could do. There are so many things and celebrations around the world you could do a quest on. You could send Burt to Mars or something day dreamy like that. There are also so many old maps - St Patricks day for example. How about a new vamped thing for that? Green beer and leprechauns?

TM's upcoming 8th birthday this summer is a big one. The idea to have players appear in-game and goodies stem from this event. Do you had anything to suggest in terms of special content?
                          Bouncy castles and petting zoos.... I have no idea, im rubbish at parties..... Would you characterise the players to look the same as Burt/Jen/Ross? Maybe we would just be people on the dance floor?

In-game content, anything that happens in the game using the tools we already have that is, is favoured by the direction. If you know processes that are in place in the game, that are no longer used for whatever unknown reason and that could be used to create a new kind of in-game event for TM's 8th birthday, the content development team is all ears!
                          Not really sure what you mean here? But ill have a think.

Comment

i do not know why you want to change things when it is nit broken. i spent a lot of mu$ to buy old maps to help others and if you open up all the maps the new players have nothing to challenge them. we had to do a lot of digging and be in tm every day to find those treasures. as far as more challenge maps only if it has really high hp in it as a lot of players cn not log in every day and have to buy the item needed. i would not buy for a charity as i give to locale charities. Being in the game not interested, reworking the categories to confusing. Why not do something for your old loyal players like offer a bigger backpack? Switch up the items we can request as in daily gifts, some new revival maps. so like i said i paid for maps others players can also and if it is not broke do try to fix it. sorry this is not in the format as others but i do not know how to do it. thank you

Comment

I hear so much, even from TM itself that they are trying to make the game fair. Please explain to me how it's fair to open all the maps to re dig when some of us paid thousands of MU$ to buy maps? I've always been done, I bought those maps to help others and it feels like a giant kick in the gut that they took my money for stuff others may get for free. Zero respect for the long term players who do spend money. If you do open them to everyone I really do expect a refund because this wasn't the deal when I bought them.

Comment

Working...
                              X