This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions about Lives and the Message Center

This thread is to make suggestions and discuss what you think would be a good idea with lives and the Message Center.

If possible please include the following with your suggestion:

• The name of any Facebook game that is similar to Riddle Stones that allows this, and how it works in that game.
    • If what you are suggesting is allowed in another Facebook game please also let us know if it is allowed for PC , mobile devices, or both, and how long to your knowledge that this has been in place.

If you are not able to give that information, post your suggestion with some details of how you think it should work. Anyone who has already made a suggestion, please feel free to repost it in this thread. If you see an idea in here that you can add helpful information to, please do so.

Any duplicated suggestions may be removed to allow the developers to see all suggestions with detail, and the discussion that goes with them.

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
    Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
    Text Mach Challenge!

I know there has been a discussion regarding saving lives. While most games do not let you go over the lives limit they do actually have a message center where as long as you do not exit the game, once you use the 5 lives you can go back into the message center and retrieve the sent lives. Almost every game does this including candy crush on the PC not mobile. So yes you are right you cannot go over your limit but you can use them all within the same session which we should be able to do here or you need to change the time to every 30 minutes for a new life. currently having people sending you lives is useless, if you can't use them and it is a bad game model. Either allow us to use them in the same session or take the option away all together.

Comment

I agree with Michelle. Other games, Candy Crush, Words of Wonder, for example have a messaging center so you can get the lives sent to you. You can use them after you have lost your lives but do not go over the max limit. If you dont use all that is sent to you they are archived in your message center for later use. Why send lives if you cant use them, and dont have the game sent you directly to the message center when you first start playing because you are not allowing us to use what is sent to us.
      Last edited by Amity Wells; 20th Jan, 2014, 01:05 PM. Reason: removed question about booster, it isn't relevant to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Terri Walsh Gerken View Post
        I agree with Michelle. Other games, Candy Crush, Words of Wonder, for example have a messaging center so you can get the lives sent to you. You can use them after you have lost your lives but do not go over the max limit. If you dont use all that is sent to you they are archived in your message center for later use. Why send lives if you cant use them, and dont have the game sent you directly to the message center when you first start playing because you are not allowing us to use what is sent to us.

Did you read the first post -- it says please state version of game as well - PC or Mobile game

I know for a fact that Candy crush you can only save 4 or 5 lives for later and that is it - you do not get to save them all to use later in the PC version of the game -- that has been the max that I have been able to save - it is not unlimited amount of lives like some players are requesting or saying they get -- Also from what team mates have told me - once you use them on mobile they disappear from your PC version of the game or are suppose to -- let's say that -- you shouldn't be allowed to use the lives twice -- but right now the notification issue with facebook is a mess in all the games on facebook

Comment

lives and the message center

Originally posted by BarbE View Post
          Did you read the first post -- it says please state version of game as well - PC or Mobile game

I know for a fact that Candy crush you can only save 4 or 5 lives for later and that is it - you do not get to save them all to use later in the PC version of the game -- that has been the max that I have been able to save - it is not unlimited amount of lives like some players are requesting or saying they get -- Also from what team mates have told me - once you use them on mobile they disappear from your PC version of the game or are suppose to -- let's say that -- you shouldn't be allowed to use the lives twice -- but right now the notification issue with facebook is a mess in all the games on facebook
          the problem is that when I open the game, it automatically opens my message center, and I have no choice but to close it, and therefore I lose any lives that are there if I have full lives.... so it is frustrating, since I am hooked on the game, but can't save any extra lives that are waiting for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JoyJoyful View Post
            the problem is that when I open the game, it automatically opens my message center, and I have no choice but to close it, and therefore I lose any lives that are there if I have full lives.... so it is frustrating, since I am hooked on the game, but can't save any extra lives that are waiting for me.
            Do you know of any games where the Message Center doesn't open when you open the game? If not, exactly how would you like to see this work?

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
            Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
            Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

Although the message centers open when games are loaded, other games allow you to close the message center with no loss of lives or gifts accumulated there. Words of Wonder, for instances, doesn't take away your gifted energy. If there is a max in there, I haven't reached it. I enjoy the game, but am getting frustrated in not being able to have more than 5 lives per day. Since I work, I play when I get home and usually cannot accrue another life before going to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela Crooker View Post
                Although the message centers open when games are loaded, other games allow you to close the message center with no loss of lives or gifts accumulated there. Words of Wonder, for instances, doesn't take away your gifted energy. If there is a max in there, I haven't reached it. I enjoy the game, but am getting frustrated in not being able to have more than 5 lives per day. Since I work, I play when I get home and usually cannot accrue another life before going to bed.

I agree with Pamela, even if you can't fix it so we can save our gifted lives then the recoup time on lives should be less. I've never seen another gave that it takes an hour to build up a life, that's just crazy! People have lives outside of games. Yes we understand that we could pay to get more lives right away but lets be realistic, you want people to play you need to help them to some extent.

Comment

I agree with Pamela also. In Riddle Stones it takes an hour to gain a life and no other games take that long. Also, other games such as Candy Crush allow you to close the message center without accepting the gifts. This lets you come back after you have used your lives and accept any that were sent to you and use 5 more lives. Since I too only play in the evening, once my 5 lives are gone I usually can't play any more that night and I love the game so it is frustrating! Would love to be able to use the lives that friends send me.

Comment

In Riddles I get lives sent to me and accept them but they just disappear. This has happen for the last week. And I will see on Facebook that it says I have 6 things for me but when I go into the game I may have one or two. Then again I may just have the page to send requests to my friends to join. I do not know how many or even what has disappeared since I have started paying this game. I really like playing but it does get frustrating when I can not receive what I am suppose to.

Comment

you don't receive any lives if you are at max - the only ones you will see are the ones that say your team mates would like you to send back to them. The others will disappear - this is a new change to the game

you can not have more than 5 lives max in the game and there is no game that I know of where the message change does not open prior to start playing the game

Comment

This comes from one of my team mates on Candy crush Mobile - she hasn't said how the changes affect the game on fb yet -- her computer is in the shop

Some changes have been made for requests in candy crush using mobiles. The bonuses, requests for more lives and tickets appear in one pop up, then lives you have been sent in another. Also now if you close them without accepting the requests are rejected.

so even there now they are no longer allowing you to save lives it seems

Comment

I am not going to bother to compare to any game,I just think it is a waste of time to ask for lives and not get to use them,only allow 5 people to be able to respond if we cant use more then five,this game needs some improvement. Sometimes it takes all five lifes to get thru one of the three in each segment.Beginning to hate this game.

Comment

Freda - I understand sometimes it takes all 3 lives to get through all 3 grids in a level - trust me -- that is why I get stuck on levels at times -

But when that happens especially if it's one I can print out i print it out -- and do it on paper -- i.e. copy and paste the screen in paint then print it o ut with the game on pause and figure it out that way ............ sometimes we all do things differently to get through those hard levels

But players are asking for unlimited lives - which unfortunately isn't going to happen - your team mates are not going to be able to send you lives over and over - which is what I am hearing players want sorry

Can the game be improved -- maybe - but that is up to the players to make good suggestions that will work not just say give me give me give me - remember whatever you are given you also may lose things in other areas as well ................. so something to think on --

Comment

How about Treasure Madness... they do not have lives, but there is HP which is kept in a message box. Same principle.

Comment

Working...
                              X