X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viegamin
    replied
    When I am playing a game I want to actually play the game. I will play for long periods of time without using any 'helpers'. With that premise, I would like to say that having lots of puzzles that don't actually make a picture of something is less than fun for me. I get down to multiple rows with only one block left to fill and no way to logically select one is extremely frustrating. I don't want someone else (the helpers) to tell me where things go, I want to be able to figure it out on my own. My suggestion to help solve this problem would be to have all of the puzzles actually create a picture of something. Also ALL puzzles should be logically solvable, without having to use the helpers.

Leave a comment:

• BarbE
    replied
    Jennifer

Carmen will send you keys after a couple of days if your team mates don't send you keys actually - however -- I will say this -

You have to be using an approved browser -- i.e. a browser the game is programmed in

Chrome, IE 8,9, 10, 11, Firefox (most current) and Safari (the one available to the mass public)

Any of the clones may work - however, I am not sure you will get keys from Carmen from using those browsers --

Leave a comment:

• Jennifer Miskel McMahon
    replied
    I can play this game for hours - LOVE IT! But, I have gone as far as as I can go on the main quest, and am stuck unless I can recruit non-players to give me keys on the Legendary quest. I can still enjoy replaying levels, which brings me to my suggestions.

* it would be great to see an indication of the game board sizes, and whether they will be timed games, before playing the level.. maybe a little pop-up when you hover over it

* currently the stars are awarded for speed - but many of us don't want to rush. Another reward for a perfectly played game would be a nice goal to strive for while repeating levels

thank you

Leave a comment:

• Amity Wells
    replied
    Originally posted by Amy Titus Ice View Post
    When I ask friends for LIVES it sends a request for KEYS everytime!!! So frustrated!!! Also any news on if this is going to be available as a mobile app?
    Hi Amy and welcome to the forum.

There's an issue with the latest version of shockwave causing only key requests to show up in the messages. While you are getting all the other messages (they just don't appear in the Message Center) they are being added to your game. Lives won't add to your total unless you have less than 5 in total. If you want to see the rest of your requests, you can roll back your shockwave player. Information on how to do that is here: http://forum.ooblada.com/showthread.php?t=820659

They are working on the mobile app, however a release date is not yet available.

Leave a comment:

• Amy Titus Ice
    replied
    When I ask friends for LIVES it sends a request for KEYS everytime!!! So frustrated!!! Also any news on if this is going to be available as a mobile app?

Leave a comment:

• Kiefer
    replied
    Also...I would strongly suggest building a Riddle Stones Friends List. This way, since the Game Feeds for specific games are now broken, players can get to their Riddle Stones teammates easier.

If you don't know how to do that:
    1. If you are at your basic News Feed page, there should be a Friends header in the leftmost column (with Favorites, Apps, Groups, etc.). Click on that.

2. Now it should have a Friends title in the main section of the page, with a button at the top right that says "+Create List". Click that.

3. It will ask you for a name for the List, and you can name it what you want, but "Riddle Stones" is an easy pick.

4. After that, you type in the names of your teammates to add it to the list.

5. Now when that is done, you'll now have a title to the page of "Riddle Stones" (or whatever you named your list) and the only posts you'll see are by those people that you placed on the list. (It isn't, however, limited to *JUST* Riddle Stones posts, but it will make finding their posts easier than searching through each person's personal FB page and their posts.)

6. If you go back to your News Feed, "Riddle Stones" is (hopefully) listed under the header "Friends". Now you can go to the left of this sub-header and a small pencil icon should appear. Clicking on that should bring up an option to "Add to Favorites." Clicking on that will add this Friends List to your Favorites at the top of that leftmost column.
    Last edited by Kiefer; 23rd Mar, 2014, 01:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kiefer
    replied
    Yes, my understanding is that basically the FB system will prioritize posts from people and groups and what-not that you interact with the most, and "Liking" posts from those people or organizations is a major part of that. (Commenting, as I understand, is also a factor.) So, if you "Like" posts from your teammates, you are more likely to see their posts in your News Feed.

It does make sense, in a way. (I know that Facebook processes and logic don't always go hand-in-hand.) Facebook wants to keep you coming back and visiting, and so will make those posts that you are more likely to interact with and find interesting, easier to find and access. Otherwise the attitude of "Oh, it's the same old stuff all the time, so why do I come here all the time?" will set in. But if you love cat pictures with witty sayings and you have a couple of FB friends that post that stuff all the time and you "Like" it, you are more likely to see those FB friends' posts. So...you keep coming back and interacting with those friends that have (apparently) similar interests.

So, the same holds true with Riddle Stones. If you Like posts by your Riddle Stones teammates, and comment to them, then you will trend towards getting to see more of those in your News Feed.

Leave a comment:

• Amity Wells
    replied
    So maybe even liking the ate food and used booster posts may help

Leave a comment:

• Amity Wells
    replied
    We aren't completely sure how it works Web, but if you don't hit like or comment on posts then similar posts stop appearing in your feed. So this is another reason to click like on the posts you collect from. Start by trawling the walls of your team mate's , collect from the ones that you can and click like (or comment on them) This will tell Facebook that you want to see them in your feed. I don't know how long it takes for them to rejig things so they show up regularly in your feed though.

It would be a lot easier if they hadn't broken the game feeds....

Leave a comment:

• Web4dale
    replied
    Keifer - are you saying that I should like posts that are just about "ate food" or "found a treasure" or am I just missing something? Good news is, after over a week, I finally got past the timed section that I hadn't previously been able to beat.

Wendy

Leave a comment:

• Kiefer
    replied
    Originally posted by Amity Wells View Post
    Sorry about that Web, I forgot that Facebook broke the game feeds

I find mine in the News feed, it could be that some posts aren't showing up there for you and you may have to trawl some of your team mates walls for the posts (which is just as painfully annoying as the posts not showing) When you find them make sure you send back and play as this will give your team mate a scatter bonus.
    Yes, if you don't "Like" your teammates' posts, then there isn't a very good chance that you'll see the posts to get boosters. Facebook gives you the posts with the people/groups that you interact with the most before they give you others. So, another good reason to "Like" those posts that you grab goodies from.

And (because I think it should be said)...I don't work for Ooblada, but I do find it bothersome when people post that they don't want to spend *ANY* money on a game. Please remember that this game (and most FB games) are worked on and created by real people and real companies that need to make some money in order to pay the bills. If every player just spent a tiny bit of money from time-to-time then all would be golden and this game will continue to improve and add new content as it currently is. If no one spent anything on the game, however.... Business is business and if the bills for the servers and content creators and all that can't be paid, then things would obviously have to change.

Leave a comment:

• Amity Wells
    replied
    Sorry about that Web, I forgot that Facebook broke the game feeds

I find mine in the News feed, it could be that some posts aren't showing up there for you and you may have to trawl some of your team mates walls for the posts (which is just as painfully annoying as the posts not showing) When you find them make sure you send back and play as this will give your team mate a scatter bonus.

Leave a comment:

• Web4dale
    replied
    Amity - it would be nice if I ever really saw a post that would give me a booster. The feed link just doesn't show me "Let's Celebrate". Very frustrating.... Especially when it takes me 4 lives to get through the first 2 grids and I only have 1 life left to solve a 1:00 or so puzzle.

Leave a comment:

• Amity Wells
    replied
    Originally posted by Web4dale View Post
    I really wish there was an easier way to get gems without having to spend real money. Or even receive boosters from friends as I seem to never get anything but lives. Also, life regeneration is lengthy. I've been stuck on the legendary quest #145 because it's a timed quest and there is no way for me to beat it without boosters. I have been stuck for over a week and have tried many times a day to get past this one level. It's very frustrating.
    It's very frustrating when you are stuck on a level. If you aren't yet, start collecting your daily boosters from team mates http://forum.ooblada.com/showthread.php?t=811210

When team mates pass you, they can also post boosters to your wall. Both the daily and pass boosters are free, as are the ones that get sent from the pop up and that are posted on the fan page. I know there are some issues with the pop up boosters that are mainly caused by Facebook, one of my team mates is on my "invite" list even though she plays every day and therefore never appears in the booster list

Leave a comment:

• Web4dale
    replied
    I really wish there was an easier way to get gems without having to spend real money. Or even receive boosters from friends as I seem to never get anything but lives. Also, life regeneration is lengthy. I've been stuck on the legendary quest #145 because it's a timed quest and there is no way for me to beat it without boosters. I have been stuck for over a week and have tried many times a day to get past this one level. It's very frustrating.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X