This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Ranks Explained

Disclaimer: Everything presented here is based on my own observation of how user ranks change along with their post numbers. Note that this is not an official TM thread.
    This means that although I have made every effort to avoid them, errors or omissions could be present. Please do let me know if you find any ;->

So, after observing the various user rankings in the forum, here is how I believe that the Ranks work (as of April 3rd):

It seems like there is not one but two different ranking systems present in the forum.
    Both are displayed below each user's nickname. The first one is their Title. The second one is their Medals.
    Why do I say that they are two different systems? Because although they both rely on the number of posts a user has (with one exception, mentioned below), they do not work in parallel.
    This means that they do not advance with the same rate or at the same post milestones.

Also, the Medals seem to have a specific consistency. There are 3 main categories. Bronze, Silver & Gold, and they advance through the following colors, in this specific order: Red, Green, Blue. Before changing color though they increase in number. After reaching the max number of medals (usually 5) for each color & category, they advance to next color or category.

You might have noticed some question-marks in the ranks. That is because unfortunately, at the moment, only very few users have more than 1000 posts so its unknown what the next titles (above 1200 posts) are. There is a pattern though. At higher levels, it seems that the first 4 medals have the same title and there is an extra title for the last one. If that stands, we are still missing 5 more titles. When more info is made available it will be added ;->

Note: As far as titles are concerned there seems to be another factor that change a user's title.
    That factor is reputation. Some users who gain reputation above a specific threshold have a different title (Reputed Adventurer) and in some cases gain a red badge in front of their medals.
    The inner workings of the reputation system itself are also not disclosed at the moment so it is hard to tell exactly how it interferes with the titles. We shall see as the forum matures.

Suggestion: I do now know if the devs plan to use one of the two ranking systems for something else that hasn't been disclosed yet, but one suggestion would be to keep the Titles as they currently are and set the Medals so that they reflect a user's level in the game. So for example lvl 1-125 are Bronze, lvl 126-300 are Silver and lvl 301+ are Gold medals. Just a thought.

Changelog:
    • May 5, 2010: Edited to add ranks up to 5000 posts.
    • April 4, 2010: Edited to add ranks beyond 1100 posts.

Disclaimer (again): Everything presented here is based on my own observation of how user titles and medals change along with their post numbers. Note that this is not an official TM thread.
    This means that although I have made every effort to avoid them, errors or omissions could be present. Please do let me know if you find any ;->
    Last edited by Celestus; 16th May, 2010, 03:45 PM.
    372/??? Collections Secured!
    Thanx babe! (μου) ;->
    Ιtems on my W/L are for my team as well.

You are neither your post nor your reputation count!

I do have a question for you about these ranks -- how do you achieve the red medals?
    If you like what I have said or I have been helpful Reputation is always appreciated. Click star bottom left hand corner of my post. Click on "does it contribute to conversation" even though it is already clicked. Please leave a comment and your name as I like to know who gives me Rep.

Thank you and you have a nice day!!!

Comment

Wow that is a lot of work. Thanks for the info Jimk. I have often wondered about that myself.
      Happy digging everyone. If you find a spelling error on my posts please let everyone know, because it shows that you are smarter than me

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon Gallagher View Post
        I do have a question for you about these ranks -- how do you achieve the red medals?
        do you mean the red badge in front of the medals? This red ribbon depends on your reputation. You will gain your first when you will have 20 reputation points. If you mean just the red medals you need +900 posts as you can see above

Eίμαι η ΑΠΟΛΥΤΗ θεά του Greek forum (LOL)!
        If you want the right answer just ask the right question..

My wishlist

Comment

Do you know how many posts you have to make to be able to have a forum signature

Comment

Originally posted by Tracey Patterson View Post
            Do you know how many posts you have to make to be able to have a forum signature
            if you want to get a link or a picture to your sign you should have at least 20 rep points...

My wishlist

Comment

Why is isn't Well Respected Adventurer on that list?
              Rep, fruit and unwanted treasures are ALWAYS appreciated!
              Happy Digging

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Dumble View Post
                Why is isn't Well Respected Adventurer on that list?
                this title is because you have a high reputation please read the reputation explained...
                Reputation Explained

My wishlist

Comment

Working...
                X