Thoughts about non heart boosters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts about non heart boosters

Non Heart boosters seem to be very hard to get.
    The following are some observations I've made.

Please feel free to add what you find as well

1) the booster post for non hearts always has "Let's celebrate together", and when it's claimed, always has "xyz has discovered a new treasure..."

2) these boosters, therefore, has to do with player finding a treasure. Therefore, non-star puzzles.

3) I have only ever found these boosters at:
    a) the 3rd grid
    b) if i had not previously tried that grid (ie, complete puzzle with first attempt)
    c) did not have to do a perfect grid
    d) did not matter if i used boosters to complete the grid or not

when i replayed previous maps, regardless of how well i (think) i did, these non heart boosters do not arrive.
    even if i had multiple attempts to complete the first 2 grids of these treasure puzzles, provided i had not attempted the 3rd grid previously, and then complete the grid, 9/10 times (coz i can't remember some times), i get these non heart boosters.

anyone, please jump in when the spirit moves you

I have gotten heart boosters as well on the 3rd grid of the treasure grids --

Comment

I tend to be getting the heart boosts for the treasure grids now that I'm replaying levels. I think I may have had some the first time playing too.

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
      Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
      Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Amity Wells View Post
        I tend to be getting the heart boosts for the treasure grids now that I'm replaying levels. I think I may have had some the first time playing too.
        i only get heart ones for treasure grid (3rd) when i replay. could get heart boosts for 1st and 2nd grid of treasure ones regardless of number of attempts, but so far, only ever got non heart from 3rd grid of treasure with first attempt. never had both heart and non heart from 3rd treasure grid even if 'perfect and fast'. if first attempt at 3rd treasure grid is 'perfect and fast' - non heart. subsequent attempts - hearts sometimes if perfect and fast. guessing i'm not 'fast' enough by whatever measure.

the more people who help notice the differences, the more we can tell how to get these non heart ones, which, by definition, becomes popular for other players. that said, hope dev will do something about either improving the ratio of getting hearts and non hearts, or allowing more heart boosts per day - say 3 hearts to 1 non heart even (random thought - just something to improve ratio would be good)

Comment

totally with you on the improvement of ratio I wouldn't mind so much if the treasure grids gave out non hearts for each completion, it's a bit more motivation to repeat treasure grids

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

I wouldn't mind so much if the treasure grids gave out non hearts for each completion, it's a bit more motivation to repeat treasure grids
            after some dedicated time with treasure grids to find my theory for non heart boosters, i've stopped doing treasure ones on old maps in my 'star hunt'. getting lots of heart ones just with the star ones, and yes, not motivated to bother with the treasure ones..
            when i'm sort of done with my star hunt and doing new grids, will be using my stored up boosters with the 3rd treasure grid to get those non hearts. have too many scatters and not much of the other ones coz i've not been using any boosters for the repeat grids.

Comment

Originally posted by tsang_riddle View Post
              after some dedicated time with treasure grids to find my theory for non heart boosters, i've stopped doing treasure ones on old maps in my 'star hunt'. getting lots of heart ones just with the star ones, and yes, not motivated to bother with the treasure ones..
              when i'm sort of done with my star hunt and doing new grids, will be using my stored up boosters with the 3rd treasure grid to get those non hearts. have too many scatters and not much of the other ones coz i've not been using any boosters for the repeat grids.
              I only use my boosts to get stars, I have a thing for getting through the puzzles without them first - just so I can say I did it. I'm maxed on my scatters and have between 30 and 70 of all the rest because I'm not using boosts repeating grids while I wait for the next season to arrive.

Just over 3 days left to wait LOL

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

I only use my boosts to get stars, I have a thing for getting through the puzzles without them first -
                lol - my thing is to not use boosts for 'repeat' stars to prove to myself that i can do it.. :0

using boosts for the new treasure boosts - if i have to - seems still a good deal. players like it, i get the boosts i used to get them back. but then, may come to a point where i'm not using boosts and just hogging them

all said, got a thing about getting the stars now, so not even bothering with new grids for past couple weeks

Comment

I have been working on both - old grids getting stars on them - and new maps as they come out as well - last map got all stars on both maps -- just started this map - think I got 3 more maps to finish up from Season 1 then I can start working on stars for season 2.

Like the 2 of you have to go through 1st and make sure I can do it - but I do like my replay button in the upper left I just click on that and keep replaying at times until I improve enough to get that 3rd star .............. lol

Comment

mutter mutter. started to do some new grids for a change. went through my theory for treasure grids (the 3rd one). thought i was distracted with the wimbledon --- but i'm sure now seems dev changed the rules. just completed a 3rd treasure grid first go, no non-heart to share didn't use boosters either, but wasn't perfect. had 1 mistake. drats

Comment

yeah it varies chris - sometimes I get non hearts first time through sometimes I get heart boosters to share first time through - it's really hit and miss - i went through a bunch as well and got zilch when i was looking for non-heart boosters they are so random when they do show up - I have had perfect ones and got continue

Comment

darn. the first time i posted the findings, it was true 100% of the time. i've gone through 1/2 sets of maps now and couldn't get one non heart even though i've been extra careful. looking at the share booster thread, others seem not to get these non hearts as frequently as well. after the keys to map problem, maybe dev can look at heart to non heart ratio and make the non hearts more predictable and easy to come by

Comment

Originally posted by tsang_riddle View Post
                          darn. the first time i posted the findings, it was true 100% of the time. i've gone through 1/2 sets of maps now and couldn't get one non heart even though i've been extra careful. looking at the share booster thread, others seem not to get these non hearts as frequently as well. after the keys to map problem, maybe dev can look at heart to non heart ratio and make the non hearts more predictable and easy to come by
                          The ratio of heart vs non heart boosters was also included as part of my essay to the developers

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

that's what i am doing also been stuck on a timed one for 3 weeks. am left handed so i have just a tiny handicap. however tiny it is it is one..lol

Comment

Working...
                            X