Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Tips

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Advanced Tips

    - A good way to start your grid is by filling the "complete" row or column. In other words when you are on 5x5 grid you can begin by filling the row or the column which have 5 correct squares.

    Like the first and the fifth row, but also the third column, of this example:


    So you can make these moves without any risk:




    - Look also for the group of correct squares! Take the third row of this grid for example, you know that there is a free space between the "1" and the "3".


    So you can easily guess how to fill 5 squares: 1 correct, 1 incorrect, and 3 correct! There is no other possibility!


    Here is a more complex example of the same principle:


    The seventh column is 3/4/1, so with a least 1 free space between each group of correct squares the minimum needed is:
    3 correct squares +1 space + 4 correct squares +1 space +1 correct square = 10 squares total

    And as it is a 10x10 grid the only possible answer is:




    - You will often find correct squares already displayed on the grid. Like in this example:


    It is best to start out by focusing on the squares placed around the border of the grid. In this case, the last row (3/4) give you solid hints to make sure moves. In fact, by looking at the information given by the corresponding columns you can figure out these moves:


    By the way, if there aren't any correct square present at start, you can reveal those around the border yourself by using a row or a column booster. (PS: all boosters are described HERE)



    Few last helpful hints:

    - Use the X if you are not totally sure of yourself and need a better "view" of the grid!


    The X is very useful to quickly see the remaining possibilities and easily finish a grid!



    - You can easily have an exact count of the number of activated squares as you proceed with your move. To do this, simply hold the left-click button and drag your cursor across the squares you would like to activate. As you can see from the following image, a little number will automatically pop up as you do this, known as the “Squares Meter”. You will know how many squares you have activated as you proceed. By doing this, you will activate squares faster than clicking each one individually.


    On the other hand you can easily find out how many squares are in an already activated group! Hold down the left-click button on your mouse and scroll over the squares which interest you. Beware! Don´t hit any unrevealed squares outside of the group which interests you or you may expose a trap! This same method works for the rows and the columns as well.


    With these advices in mind you are ready to face most of the dangers on your way Riddlers!

  • #2
    You have an excellent teaching ability and so easy to follow with the illustrated diagrams!! Awesome done nicely!

    Comment


    • #3
      How about a tip on how to resolve the impossible levels you created. Like a 15x15 grid full of 1 1 1's. There is NO LOGIC to these grids at all.

      Comment


      • #4
        I agree with what Ryan said. There have been too many levels where logic alone will leave many holes in the puzzle. That has decreased my enthusiasm for the game.

        Comment


        • #5
          The guessing aspect of Riddle Stones is part of the gameplay the developers wanted to offer to players. They don't want to provide "just another" picross game. That is why the random aspect of the grids and the fact that you will often find several solutions are made on purpose. It gives all the interest of having Health Points and Boosters.

          It is another kind of logic, another gaming experience, that demands practice and patience. In Riddle Stones you have to take some risks and choose the safest way to finish the grids. So to help players to adapt this kind of gameplay, they give each week free boosters on the fan page. Don't forget to take advantage of them, it will really help you progress


          You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

          Originally posted by Kiefer
          Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

          Wishlist

          A Contest for HP is currently running:
          Text Mach Challenge!

          Comment


          • #6
            I wouldn't have an issue with these puzzles so much if it wasn't 2 misses and done. One Miss click takes over half my life The Second kills me off. And there are not enough boosters in the world if a level has 3 of these difficult puzzles in a row.

            Could you please ask them to redo the life loss algorithm based on the difficulty of the puzzle. Cause if I have a 7 our of 10 chance of missing, I don't think it should cost me half my life.

            Comment


            • #7
              It's not logic if you have to guess!
              I have played one "timed" puzzle over a hundred times and still cannot get past it.
              Giving 40 seconds for a 10x10 puzzle that doesn't use logic is ridiculous. How will I ever pass it?

              Comment


              • #8
                The tips above are all logical, give hints on how to complete puzzles that do not use logic???

                Comment


                • #9
                  print out the puzzle and solve it on paper is the best way if you are stuck Sasha - is the only thing I can tell you - it's logical as well sorry - or if you are down to 2 or 3 choices and you can put in any of them - normally you can rule out one rather easily actually - you can use a shield booster - it gives you 3 mistakes on the map without losing health points

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If I give you a sheet of paper with a 15x15 grid, and a bunch of 1 1 1's on it, there are 10 or more ways you can solve that puzzle with the and/or situations. Only allowing 2 misses on a puzzle like that is horrible, as there is no logic to it whatsoever. I am on Legendary 162, and can only miss twice or die. It takes over half my life if I click wrong, but a fruit (or edible), only gives me 8 back. That is also mean. Like I asked before, please ask the devs to at least come up with some kind of way to not take our entire life. If I have a 80% chance of missing on my first click, it should only take 20% of my life...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ryan I'm with you. The 10x10 I'm stuck on does not give the same puzzle when you have to start over!!! So there is no way to solve it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It should be that easy!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Again, get a screen shot, pause the game, print out the screen shot and do it on paper - then unpause the game and transfer your answer. You'll have the same grid you took the screen shot of.


                          You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

                          Originally posted by Kiefer
                          Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

                          Wishlist

                          A Contest for HP is currently running:
                          Text Mach Challenge!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bill Burns View Post
                            I agree with what Ryan said. There have been too many levels where logic alone will leave many holes in the puzzle. That has decreased my enthusiasm for the game.
                            Agree 100%

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Amity Wells View Post
                              The guessing aspect of Riddle Stones is part of the gameplay the developers wanted to offer to players. They don't want to provide "just another" picross game. That is why the random aspect of the grids and the fact that you will often find several solutions are made on purpose. It gives all the interest of having Health Points and Boosters.

                              It is another kind of logic, another gaming experience, that demands practice and patience. In Riddle Stones you have to take some risks and choose the safest way to finish the grids. So to help players to adapt this kind of gameplay, they give each week free boosters on the fan page. Don't forget to take advantage of them, it will really help you progress
                              The randomness of the grids and the facts that you can find several solutions are made so that you MUST buy coins/boosters in order to succeed through the grid! Let's face it, the creators want to make money. Its a game for us but a business for them. I only wish they would be a little more fair in their grid creations. Or at the very least, make the boosters cost less so one can continue playing. Also, what is with the 3 keys thing?? What keys?? Takes 6 coins to open the next level? Another money grab.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X