X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restore purchase

On March 4th I sent this e-mail to contact@ooblada.com:

Hello,

I really enjoy your game - enough to get me the starter pack the first time it was offered, just to pay a little bit for all the fun (see forwarded e-mail below).
    Because I needed temporarily some storage on my iPad, I deinstalled Riddle Stones (being one of the games I don't mind starting all over again), but after downloading it again it's almost unplayable. Every time I finish a level the starter pack is offered and as I don't buy it a video starts playing (which is annoying) in portrait-mode and the app won't switch back to landscape mode unless I swipe it from background activity and restart it completely.
    Is there a way to restore purchases made in the game? I found nothing at your website or forum about it. I don't mind about the package, I just want to play again without constantly restarting...
    Btw. I'm playing on a first generation iPad mini (perhaps this helps fixing the portrait/ landscape issue).

Greetings from Germany,
    yours,

with the recipe from the app-store attached to it - didn't get an answer until today....

Hi Nonno and welcome to the forum.

We will need more information before I can ask the developers if anything can be done.

Did you have your game synced with Facebook prior to uninstalling it from your ipad?
    If you did, have you resynced it yet?

How long ago did you make this purchase?
    What was your payment method (credit/debit card, paypal, phone, Facebook gift card)?

I may still need more information, however I need these answered so I can ask you the right questions to get the information the developers will require.

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
    Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
    Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

Hi Amity,

as I am not on Facebook I didn't sync before uninstalling, I've just installed the app and enjoyed it...

the date of the invoice from Apple is Feb. 2nd, don't know which exact date I made the purchase, I paid with my iCloud-credit via in-App-Purchase, all of that is obvious from the e-mail and attachment I sent a month ago...

nevertheless, thanks for Your quick response, wished it had worked as well with my e-mail...

Comment

Damn, that rules that idea out then. If you had been able to sync it, then resyncing would have got your information back.

Sorry, but I don't have access to the email you are referring to, so it's far from obvious to me what the answer to my question was. That's why I asked for the information.

I now need for you to supply a screen shot of the reciept showing the Payment ID, date of purchase, item purchased and the amount spent. Information on how to add the image is here: http://forum.ooblada.com/showthread.php?t=807839

I will also need your Game User ID, which is found at the bottom of your playing screen.

Once I have this information I will ask the developers if there is anything they can do about the situation for you.

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

Hi Amity,

sorry I didn't reply earlier, had a busy day.

My complaint about the e-mail was rather, that no one replied to it within a month, did not mean to offend you, I'm no native speaker so please excuse my Klatchian

Though I'm not to happy to share a screenshot of an e-mail (I think I have deleted all personal data that's not relevant to you and none that is), here you are:

I can't find any user ID in my app, looked on any screen I could find, even tried the settings for the app on my IPad, nothing...

btw: you should tell the developers, that the "restore purchases"-button, that appeared with the last update, does not work on first generation iPad-mini running iOS 8.4.1, tried it several times without any effect.

Comment

No offense taken Nonno. I can understand your frustration, however the email has never been the way to contact the developers about game issues, which you now know. Your English is fine, if I tried my High School German out on you, you'd probably have issues understanding me lol

I'm not sure if the restore purchase button is ours or Apple's, or exactly what it's meant to do. The developers will get your feedback about it and will be able to let us know. I'd like a small favour with that though, can you please supply a screen shot of the button to show the developers what you are referring to.

I'm not going to make promises about anything for this as if I remember correctly Apple don't allow developers to put items into users games directly. I'm now going to pass this on and ask what, if anything, can be done to help you out.

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

Hi Amity,
              here the screenshot with the "restore purchases"-button, it shows up when I klick the settings-button in the app:

As far as I know Apple recommends apps to enable restoring purchases, so it should be no problem to do so for your developers...

Comment

Thanks Nonno. I've asked if there is anything that can be done for you in regards to this as it may be considered a new installation and the purchase you made linked to a different one. When we get an answer, either BarbE or myself will let you know.

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

I am not on Facebook I didn't sync before uninstalling, I've just installed the app and enjoyed it...

Comment

Working...
                  X