• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those Not Seeing Message Center - Which Browser are you using

Trying to help Narrow this down some more

I have backed up my shockwave to 12.0.4.122

and I can see the MC just fine in Firefox 29

so let us help the developers out by giving them some more information on this issue to see if it will help them out some more

Please list your current Version of Shockwave if you can

And Choose your Browser that you use - I have only included the approved browsers and then Safari 6 and 7 since some have moved to OSX Mavericks and I know that OSX comes with a different version of Safari actually

In Chrome 35 I can not see the MC at all with the shockwave I have installed currently
    Internet Explorer 8
    0.00%
    Internet Explorer 9
    0.00%
    Internet Explorer 10
    0.00%
    Internet Explorer 11
    10.00%
    Chrome 35
    80.00%
    Firefox 29
    10.00%
    Safari 5
    0.00%
    Safari 6
    0.00%
    Safari 7
    0.00%

I can see the MC if I am in the game however with the 12.0.4.122 shockwave on Chrome which is my normal browser of choice so that is something but I know with the newer shockwave I can't see the MC at all even while in the game

Comment

One player I am helping has IE 11 and current Shockwave - can't see MC

Comment

Shockwave 12.1.2.152

Chrome is indecisive as to if I'm allowed to see my messages when I first open the game, I do see them if I open the mailbox after using my lives and I've been sent requests while playing.

IE 11 Always has "No new Messages"

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
        Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
        Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

Firefox made me update to the newest shockwave

I was able to see my MC the first time I logged in - then the next time only if I was in the game -

now saying that I know facebook did a bunch of updates over the weekend and my account was part of them because my timeline spun and spun so not sure what all is going on yet ugh !!! ugh !!

Comment

my old laptop was on the brink, this new one has windows 8.1. just installed chrome two days ago, behaving the same as commodo dragon which was my previous favourite browser.

shockwave NOT installed according to the shockwave test page and control panel->programs->program and features -- ?? flash player 14,0,0,125

but riddle stone and other FB games work....
            message center always 'no new messages' regardless of first login or refresh from game, but FB notification says i have messages and requests. do have request for keys show up in message center.

happy to help with install or other activies

Comment

Chris, I'm sure you've already seen us tell people that without shockwave the game won't work properly anyway Yes, the current version is part of the MC issue, but without it other issues can arise too.

The reason why Comodo isn't on the list is because the game isn't programmed for it, and when players use clones that can also cause issues. Blah, blah, blah, I'm sure you get my drift lol

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

Even with the current version I can see the MC when I am in the game - although I may not see it when I first go into the game all the time - If I see numbers on the mail box and click on it - I do see the lives and requests and I am able to send back that way

so like I said not sure what Adobe did or what Facebook did (and trust me facebook was updating on my account for over an hour with the spinning on my time line and groups I am in) but it looks like now it may be a combo of both --

Still can't see it in Firefox 30 which is the newest Firefox btw but Chrome seems to be working better for me and the devs haven't done anything yet this week ............... only Facebook and the adobe update to .152 at the end ............

Comment

Originally posted by Amity Wells View Post
                  Chris, I'm sure you've already seen us tell people that without shockwave the game won't work properly anyway Yes, the current version is part of the MC issue, but without it other issues can arise too.

The reason why Comodo isn't on the list is because the game isn't programmed for it, and when players use clones that can also cause issues. Blah, blah, blah, I'm sure you get my drift lol
                  old laptop had shockwave (latest), was just putting it out there with chrome and new laptop the behaviour seemed the same without shockwave installed. yes, installed latest shockwave yesterday, and there seems to be no difference again. had to wait overnight for messages coz team mates on diff time zones. checked new notification from FB (request for life), no message center, not even a number next to mailbox. yesterday without shockwave installed, had 2 FB notification at one stage, one for key, other request for life. mailbox had number 2 next to it briefly when logging in, the 2 quickly became 1, mailbox opened with the key request, then no new messages.
                  using latest chrome and shockwave with windows 8.1.
                  perhaps more useless information for dev to digest..

Comment

It could very well be Chris

I know I need shockwave for other games and most with 8.1 being a different version all on it's own - and if you have another player like quick tunes - not sure how that works either -- I have both on my system and I am still on win 7 ........... I will check it out later on my vista laptop and see what happens

Comment

I'd fire up my old desktop with XP to check out what happens there, but ugh I'd wipe my download limit with updates just for the programs. Let's just ignore the "no longer supported by Microsoft" thing lol

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

old laptop vista. same problem as now with 8.1, always latest chrome, shockwave and flash.
                        still struggling with windows 8.1 ;( spent too many years with XP and vista. just barely managing get all work apps going and get a few games in while i procrastinate. had a FB riddle request for life, logging in there was a 1 next to mailbox briefly, then it went away. just as well i noted who asked, went to the game and clicked on the heart for the team mate.
                        interesting code where request for keys shows but not the other messages... and that the mail box acknowledges the messages but not when it's opened up. good thing though, lives take 1 hr to regenerate, keys --- 4 days with no logging in.
                        is it possible to lobby dev to ignore the logging in, ... and make that 3 days

Comment

lol I still haven't got Keys for Fuji and it's been over a week almost to the next level that needs keys ............. lmao

I think it's because Carmen gets confused when I need keys for both Main and Legendary ............. leave it to me to confuse her ...... I do it so well

Others that have needed keys on just 1 side have not had an issue -- but needing them on both really messes her up -- she needs to learn to multitask better

Comment

well, should know for sure on that soon. I'm pushing another test account to Fuji on Legendary, gotta love when team mates give you access to their accounts

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

and I have my test account to needing keys in both again - fuji on Legendary and Odysseus and Carmen's adventures on Main

Comment

Working...
                              X