This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Back shockwave Player

First thing you will need to do is Make sure you have Shockwave installer on your computer

If yes then continue to the following steps - if you don't have more than 1 installer on your computer - sorry you can't roll back

1) Uninstall the Shockwave Player from your Add/Remove or Add/uninstall programs on your computer

2) Go back to

and then I want you to Click on the See All or More Files so you can see the list with the Dates of the installs/downloads

Final step is the click on the

Shockwave_installer_slim that you need to re-install shockwave on your computer

PS -- don't worry about the (10) or other numbers out by the side of the Installer package - that just shows the number of times I have the installer package on my computer from updates - everyone may have different numbers by their installer packages because of the differences in updating, etc.

The prove to you guys rolling back does work

here is what I get when I roll back my shockwave player

That is the only time I can see my message center with the new shockwave player I can't see it at all. But you do have to reboot your computer after you install shockwave that is a given

Comment

To get them to display like that I have to open my mailbox rather than refreshing the game after using all my lives.

You, my dear, really underestimate my level of psycho. Keep going, I dare you.

Originally posted by Kiefer
      Kiefer's Dwarfs Fact #3: If they can make a joke become reality, they will.

Wishlist

A Contest for HP is currently running:
      Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

I have windows 8 and can not do this

Comment

yeah Tina not everyone can do this - but Ross ran around the office yesterday screaming Shockwave at everyone so they understand what is causing the issue and hopefully will have the fix for us real soon I put mine back to the 12.1.xxx.151 so that I know when it is fixed as well I have team mates that opt to just wait for the fix instead of just rolling back and updating when the fix comes out because of other games we play as well

Comment

I have uninstalled the shockwave flash player and tried to install the up to date version, but it is telling me that it could be a virus. Do you happen to know where to find the correct one... Thank You
            Last edited by Edwina Basham Viar; 3rd Jun, 2014, 06:54 AM. Reason: missing word
            Edwina Basham Viar

Comment

Originally posted by Edwina Basham Viar View Post
              I have uninstalled the shockwave flash player and tried to install the up to date version, but it is telling me that it could be a virus. Do you happen to know where to find the correct one... Thank You
              links to all the websites with the correct versions of all 3 programs players need for playing this (and many other games) are in the trouble shooting http://forum.ooblada.com/showthread.php?t=809877

Remember though, at the moment the up to date version of shockwave is the one causing mailbox issues.

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

Do you think it will be fixed soon because I hate to download anything that will harm my computer.. Thanks for your help...
                Edwina Basham Viar

Comment

I hope it is, and shockwave isn't a virus. What your computer is picking up as a virus is probably an advertisement OR if you didn't untick boxes saying "yes, download this too" something associated with that. You should be able to choose to download it anyway, and after run your virus checker to be sure. However, before you even do that open your computer's control panel, select programs, then programs and features and search for shockwave if you have either of the following versions, then I wouldn't worry about downloading a new one at the moment

The version number of shockwave that is causing the issue is: 12.1.0.151
                  The previous version (which isn't causing issues) is: 12.1.0.150

Wishlist

Text Mach Challenge!

Comment

Good news is while playing and needing more lives today after the update - I was able to see lives sent to me

Comment

Working...
                    X